If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

QUESTION RE LCWRA AND FORCED MIGRATION

Options
2»

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    poppy123456 said: Your wife would not need to claim carers allowance if you claimed UC because it's just deducted in full anyway. She can just claim carers element which would increase your maximum UC entitlement by £168.81/month. 
    And if she were to claim the carer element your wife would not be required to do any work and will be left alone (but can continue to do as much work as she wants).
    poppy123456 said:  At the moment she's working for nothing, this wouldn't be the case if you claimed UC. 
    To be exact - at the moment she's working for £20/week (due to the disregard).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • justaman
    justaman Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    calcotti said:v
    poppy123456 said: Your wife would not need to claim carers allowance if you claimed UC because it's just deducted in full anyway. She can just claim carers element which would increase your maximum UC entitlement by £168.81/month. 
    And if she were to claim the carer element your wife would not be required to do any work and will be left alone (but can continue to do as much work as she wants).
    poppy123456 said:  At the moment she's working for nothing, this wouldn't be the case if you claimed UC. 
    To be exact - at the moment she's working for £20/week (due to the disregard).
    Thanks so much . That sounds hopeful .I don’t want her to lose her part time job that she has had for so many years and is very convenient .She is not really fit enough to work more hours or she would and at the same time she does not want hounding by the Job Centre ( who,does?) .As it stands we avoid all that at the moment because of my health situation. So time will tell now I guess . All we can do now is wait to be migrated ( reluctantly) ) 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All we can do now is wait to be migrated ( reluctantly) ) 
    As advised, you will be better off on UC because there will be a smaller deduction for her earnings (and she can claim the carer element if your son is no longer claiming CA).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks calcotti, i forgot about the £20/week disregard.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.