If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

tribunal

Options
kellym10
kellym10 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Not sure if anyone can help?
I was waiting for the DWP to respond to my tribunal (1st September was the date).  I received a call yesterday from pip asking me to go through my form again and the lady said they would write to me. Today my tribunal was updated with the below.  Does this mean they are sticking to their decision and it will go to tribunal? I am 1 point away from daily living and 2 points from mobility.  The lady yesterday did point out a mistake that they had made, I really thought I would get an offer??

DWP has responded to your Personal Independence Payment (PIP) appeal. They should have sent you a copy of their response in the post, unless their response is late and a judge has directed that the appeal can proceed without one. Read their response and send your comments to the tribunal, if you have any. A tribunal panel made up of a judge, doctor and disability expert will hold a hearing for your appeal. You have told us you do not want to attend so you will receive the decision in the post, after the hearing has taken place. Unfortunately we cannot say how long this will be but it could be several months.

Thank you for any help

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,100 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Yes, it means DWP haven't changed the decision and the hearing will continue. I note that you've decided not to appear in person or have a telephone hearing. Are you aware that success rates for paper based hearings are extremely low, with on about 5-8% chance of success. It's always better to appear in person or have a telephone hearing where the success rate jumps to about 70%. If possible you should really choose those options, rather than paper based.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kellym10
    kellym10 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi Poppy thank you and I will change this to a telephone hearing, I didn't realise that.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kellym10. You are welcome, it is the very least you deserve.

Have you been able to change it to a telephone hearing yet? If we can do anything else to help please don't hesitate to let us know  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.