Hi, I'm Misschatterbox! My son was let go as they said he was too slow. Is this discrimination? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Misschatterbox! My son was let go as they said he was too slow. Is this discrimination?

Options
Misschatterbox
Misschatterbox Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2022 in Work and employment
my son was working for an agency. He informed them of his needs, cerebral palsy, adhd ,asd. they let him go as they said he was too slow.
He is devastated. Is this discrimination?
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

It's a possibility if could be discrimination 

Did he have or request any reasonable adjustments in order to assist him 

Usually agency work is only temporary and often they use this to end contracts 

Did he have any performance reviews or discussions about targets and if he was meeting them 

Acas is the best place to go for advise they have good website 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Misschatterbox :) Thank you for joining!

I'm sorry to hear about what's happened to your son. I can imagine that'd feel quite devastating for him, especially as he'd informed them of his needs.

How's he feeling now?

Janer1967 is knowledgeable in this area, so I'm sure she'll be able to offer you some support and guidance :) 

Here's a link to the ACAS website.

Here's another link to our page on disability discrimination at work, which you might like to read.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.