Council housing — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Council housing

Options
mazxx
mazxx Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi can somebody help me i have vidded on properties 
Some say unsucsessful some say shortlisted.
What does shortlisted mean
Is everybody who bidded shortlisted or is it nearing an offer 
Does it take a while tonstart getting shortlisted any information about how council work and shortlisting ect works it would be greatly appreciated 
Tia

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there and welcome 

Each council has diffetent rules so hard to comment there should be details of the process on your council website 

In my area if shortlisted it means you meet the criteria for the property eg age number of rooms required etc 

But everyone that has put in bid could be shortlisted 
    They then look at waiting times on list and what priority banding you are on. They will then select the people who have the highest priority band and have been waiting longest 

They then view the property and if suitable will be offered it 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,145 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mazxx shortlisted for a property means that you and the other people, who got shortlisted will be assessed to see who needs or who qualifys for the property the most. The person who they think will be the one who gets the property. So you do stand a chance, just depends who else and what their needs are. Good luck with housing.
  • mazxx
    Options
    Ah thankyou so much ive been shortlisted on 8 properties so im on the right tracks to nearing a home soon then hopefully just wondered if it was a good sign or its still a long or a few year wait 
    Thankyou for you comments ☺
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It could still be a long wait depends how far up the ladder you are and the handing you have been allocated as well as the availability of properties in your area 

Unfortunately even those in highest priority banding can wait years 

It took me a year to get offered and I was in high priority band 
  • mazxx
    Options
    Hi 
    Then wouldnt it come up as unsucsessful ?
    I presume a shortlist cant be lots of people 
    Its annoying i am high priority band 2 thankyou for replies
    Much appreciated 
    😊

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mazxx. I can hear you feel annoyed. 

What, if anything, would make this feel more manageable for you at the moment? We are here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • mazxx
    Options
    Thankyou so much just dont understand how the counicl work i felt shortlisted would be a good sign as usually it comes up unsucsessful 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,530 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As others have advised, shortlisted just means fewer people. I was shortlisted for a disabled property several years ago but there was 3 others on that short list. It was down to the LA who they chose for that property based on our circumstances and most in need. Thankfully, i was the one that was chosen.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mazxx
    Options
  • Luchia
    Luchia Community member Posts: 279 Pioneering
    Options
    Short List is the top 10-20(depending on council) people for that property.
    Unfortunately been short listed doesn’t mean you will get an offer as it depends on how long others have waited and if they have a higher banding than you, It also depends if the property was adapted or not, If it’s an adapted property that they will go with who needs the adaptions the most and length of time they have waited.
  • mazxx
    Options
    Thankyou so much for your help 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @mazxx. It is the very least you deserve.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to help. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.