If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA Review help

Options
jamie2471
jamie2471 Community member Posts: 101 Connected
hello just want to ask what happens on the review for LCWRA  do you have to fill in everything again or does it stay the same and when you are awarded does the first 3 months include in the current award time or doesn’t?
because you usually don’t get paid for the first 3 months that’s why I’m wondering about this second part 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It will be the same form you filled in previously so you need to make sure you put all the information down on the form and send in all your evidence.
    As you've already been found to have LCWRA, if the decision remains the same there will be no changes to your UC. There's no waiting period because you're already receiving the extra money. LCWRA is on ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @jamie2471 I hope that poppy's reply has been able to reassure you about the LCWRA review form.

Any kind of review is going to feel a little stressful, so please reach out if you need support :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • jamie2471
    Options
    It will be the same form you filled in previously so you need to make sure you put all the information down on the form and send in all your evidence.
    As you've already been found to have LCWRA, if the decision remains the same there will be no changes to your UC. There's no waiting period because you're already receiving the extra money. LCWRA is on ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise.
    I asked a case manager on my journal on uc and they said I am awarded for 17 months that’s why I’m wondering also this was accepted on paper based decision 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The timescales are nothing more than a guide. LCWRA is an ongoing award and it doesn't have an end date like PIP does.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jamie2471
    Options
    The timescales are nothing more than a guide. LCWRA is an ongoing award and it doesn't have an end date like PIP does.
    So that means it can be more than that or less ? 
  • jamie2471
    Options
    Can they review me anytime less thn 6 months or will it not end i don’t know why I can’t stop thinking about it 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    In normal times it can be anytime from 3 months. At the moment it's extremely unlikely that it will be anytime soon. You just have to put it out of your mind the best way you can, though i know it's difficult.
    You will know when it's review time because you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you that they are referring you for the WCA. You will then receive the forms shortly after.
  • jamie2471
    Options
    In normal times it can be anytime from 3 months. At the moment it's extremely unlikely that it will be anytime soon. You just have to put it out of your mind the best way you can, though i know it's difficult.
    You will know when it's review time because you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you that they are referring you for the WCA. You will then receive the forms shortly after.
    O ok thank you I was worried I won’t get told that’s good they will do that 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @jamie2471. It is the very least you deserve.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any other support. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.