If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP award letter

Options
AngelMikeysMum
AngelMikeysMum Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi all, this is my first post so I’m hoping I’m doing this right (I also searched for the answer to my query but didn’t find exactly what I was looking for). Could anyone tell me please, when you receive your award letter (after getting the txt telling you your claim
has been successful) does it include the assessors report or not? If not, I’d like to request a copy of it you see, but I’d rather not take up their time ringing for it if I’ll receive it anyway iyswim? 
Many thanks for your time :)

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    You will not be sent the assessors report unless you request it. The report is of no use to you unless you are challenging the decision (and even then it’s not necessary and can just be a diversion).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • AngelMikeysMum
    AngelMikeysMum Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    The report is of more use to some people than a tool of appeal or distraction, but thank you very much for the information about whether I automatically get it or not :)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh, I completely hear you @AngelMikeysMum. You are welcome. It is the very least you deserve. If we can do anything else to support you please don't hesitate to let us know  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.