Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is duckie! When will my payment be? Will I collect it from the post office?

Options
duckie
duckie Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited September 2022 in Cost of living
Hi.everyone.pip £150 cost of living payment when will it be.even though they have my bank details my pip payments come as text messages I take to post office and cash will my cost of living payment be paid in the same way.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,446 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    It’s supposed to be paid straight into your bank. I’ve never known PIP payments to be made this way before, is it because you don’t have a bank account?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @duckie Hello and welcome to our online community.  I'm glad you found us and I hope we can help.

The Cost of Living payment will be paid automatically in the same way you usually get your benefit or tax credits according to the Cost of Living Payment government guidance so I'd expect it to be via the method you describe - does that happen to be the Payment Exemption Service offered by the Post Office? I think this is what you're referring to @poppy123456

Also, most payments will be received by the beginning of October so it's a case of being patient at this point I'm afraid.

Please let us know if we can be of any further help and take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • duckie
    Options
    I have given my bank account details 3 times but I still get paid by a text message I take my phone to the post office or any pay point and get it cashed.I don't know why they don't put it into my bank account.Thank you for your help.
  • duckie
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if I can get extra help with paying my rent.I am in receipt of housing benefit for myself and my husband we roughly get £360 a month towards our rent.My rent is £500 a month so we have to pay the extra £240 which is quite a lot.Other benefits I receive are e.s.a,low end p.i.p,and my husband receives carers allowance.can anyone give me any advice please.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,753 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is it private rented or council @duckie?? You could try and apply for a discretionary housing payment to help the shortfall but it's also good to check you are getting the right amount. 

Eligibility

You can apply for a DHP if you currently get either:

What a DHP can cover

DHP funding is available in England and Wales. 

DHP funding in England and Wales can help people with housing costs, including those affected by:

• the benefit cap
    • removal of the spare room subsidy in the social rented sector
    • Local Housing Allowance (LHA) rates

You may get a DHP to cover housing costs for:

• a rent shortfall
    • rent deposits
    • rent in advance if you need to move home
  • duckie
    Options
    Just to let people know I received my cost of living payment this morning I got it by text message like I get my pip payments.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,753 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    duckie said:
    Just to let people know I received my cost of living payment this morning I got it by text message like I get my pip payments.
    That's really interesting, I'd not known anyone get PIP by text before! Happy for you that you got your COL payment too <3
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Cher_Scope said:..does that happen to be the Payment Exemption Service offered by the Post Office? 
    Thanks, Cher. Never come across that before.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • duckie
    Options
    In the area I live they were changing the way they pay pip.I was ment to get a card payments would be put on each month to cash at a pay point or it could go into my bank,even after giving my bank details 3 times they just started paying by text message that I can cash at any pay point.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.