If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP MR Success

Options
emc123
emc123 Community member Posts: 76 Courageous
edited September 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, good news to give hope, My MR was successful going from Enhanced DL and Standard MB to Enhanced on Both after successfully navigating the most Complex Activity (in my experience) Mobility 1 🙏
    The same 10 points were awarded at Review (Cannot undertake Any journey...) Justified by Saying I don't leave the house. 
This was an assumption based on my original application in 2020 and I felt New Review Evidence was Overlooked or Not Considered.
      I Do leave the house,  Accompanied on Familiar Journeys to avoid Overwhelming Psychological Distress and after the Evidence was Finally Properly Considered in my MR I've been given the 2 points I was entitled to 🙏🥰
Aswell as Medical Evidence and Supporting letters I used PIP criteria and Their Own Legal Guidelines & Terminology to reiterate my points but was fully expecting I'd need these at Tribunal.  
Please do your research and seek help if need be as if you Do Fit that Descriptor you Can Prove it. Best of luck to All 💕 xxx

Tagged:

Comments

• emc123
    edited September 2022
    Options
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 408 Pioneering
    Options
    Congratulations and what a wonderful achievement 👏 I'm dreading my medical wish I had wrote no change instead I wrote change since I've had a new diagnosis.

I hope I'm posting wonderful news soon.

Again well done.
    Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • emc123
    Options
    Hi Binky, Bless you isn't the process gruelling  :-( 
    I wrote No Change Throughout the Daily Living parts of the AR1 Review form as it was Only my Mobility that Had changed. The No Change Option is there to be used although it is normally advised Against I've known it to be successful and it certainly was for mine as I kept my 17points DL,  I just knew when they Also kept my 10points on Mobility that I had to challenge that. 
           I can say if Using the No Change option please Add "I Still Need help with xyz" and give examples to explain.
            Best of luck Binky you'll be Ok 💕 xxx

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Binky1234 said:
    l wish I had wrote no change instead I wrote change since I've had a new diagnosis.

That wouldn't have done you any favours either.
    @emc123 great news!

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • emc123
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Thanks Poppy I'm over the moon.
    The No Change did Me a favour,
    as We know Changes can trigger an Assessment I was told my decision to Use the No Change option was what kept my 17 points DL. 
               I'm happy now the Mobility side has been properly assessed at MR. x

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @emc123 and many congratulations, I'm pleased to hear it! :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
    @emc123..Congratulations👏
  • emc123
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone xxx
  • emc123
    Options
    Hi Alex thank you could you tell me please, the money backdated on a successful Review MR,  is it paid from the decision date of the review when the wrong decision was made?xxx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    emc123 said:
    Hi Alex thank you could you tell me please, the money backdated on a successful Review MR,  is it paid from the decision date of the review when the wrong decision was made?xxx

Yes, if the review was started by DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • emc123
    Options
    It was yes thank you x
  • emc123
    Options
    @Deppi Hi,
    Thank you :-) 
    My review decision letter was 17th July.
    I Registered my Intention to do a Written MR on 12th August.
    Sent it with Evidence that arrived with them 12th September.
    New decision made and MR succeeded yesterday on 26th September :-) 
           I found out by being Overly Obsessed calling the Pip Line to hear if my Payments had increased and yes it went from 467pm to 627pm I was over the moon 🥰🎉 xxx

• schoolmum
    schoolmum Scope Member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    Options
    @emc123
    Delighted to read your good news. Thank you for sharing.
    x
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Deppi - & good to 'meet' you. You can look at statistics in many ways. So, it's stated in the link you provided, that '23% of MRs cleared in the quarter ending July 2022 led to a change in award, continuing the decrease since mid-2021. This rate is currently at a similar level to mid-2018.' Then 'for initial PIP decisions following an assessment during the period April 2013 to March 2022: 15% of appeals lodged were “lapsed” (which is where DWP changed the decision in the customer’s favour after an appeal was lodged but before it was heard at tribunal)'.....so you can't add this 15% to skew the likely outcome of a MR more positively, unfortunately.
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Not wishing to argue, but if a person proceeds to a tribunal following an unsuccessful MR, then you can't add successfully lapsed appeals to inflate the unfortunately poor MR statistics alone.
    Yes, a Tribunal gives people that extra opportunity to really say how their disability affects them, & sometimes the DWP make an offer beforehand, but this has nothing to do with the result of their MR. If awarded prior to a Tribunal, a person can accept that award & receive payment, then challenge this further without resorting to going through another MR; they can challenge this on the award length alone.
  • chiarieds
    Options
    I'll agree to disagree. However, I'm a very objective person & well versed in research (altho this is usually medical). I just believe it's in the best interests of people to know that the success is unfortunately low with MR. However, proceeding to a tribunal the success rate is about 70% if appearing in person or via a phone call. This is not 'just' my opinion.
  • emc123
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hi both great points I can only add my experience of MR success and those I Know of (Offers before Tribunal), and I'm seeing a growing number of these whereby I always Advise accepting that offer to allow payment to commence then restarting a Tribunal case :-) 
    Almost All were Unaware this was possible. All were Unaware that once Appeal is lodged the DWP are obliged to 'Look Again'.  
    Personally, as an Optimist not a Mathematician I'm calling this a Success as a Direct result of MR :-)x
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news @emc123 Thanks for sharing.
  • d1gby_d0g
    d1gby_d0g Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Congratulations!
     I really believe that the DWP make it so hard and stressful to apply for DLA/PIP that if you didn’t really need it you would give up.
     I had years of stress and anxiety every time I had to reapply or attend an assessment before I was finally awarded an indefinite allowance at the enhanced rate for mobility and care. OMG the relief! I felt shock and ecstasy in equal measure and although I don’t know you I’m very happy for you!
  • emc123
    Options
    @d1gby_d0g
    Hi thanks so much for your kind words and Congratulations what a relief to get that ongoing award Finally having your struggles acknowledged and a Deserved helping hand in life Hallelujah 🥰 xxx
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.