Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Things we do or don't do

Options
Sunrise09
Sunrise09 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
I never go out in the day at 4:52 this morning I went for a little warlk off road and I don't no why but I did something that I haven't done since I was in care I layed down and looked up at the sky.i saw so many things has any one eals done this befor and what did you see if anything.

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I like staring at the sky too @Sunrise09 :) I enjoy cloud watching, and using my imagination to see what the clouds remind me of. Did you do that? 

I also like to look at the sky at night. I can't always see the stars, but it's nice when you can see them!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Sunrise09
    Options
    I did I love looking at the sky at night as well I could of stayed all morning the birds was singing it really is lovely but then the time goes by and I lock myself away again.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Some years ago I used to stay in quite a bit and enjoy the inclement weather as I knew most other people would be forced to stay in too. It made me feel better about my self imposed prison regime. 

For some reason I no longer feel that way but I still enjoy a wet or snowy day indoors, just me, a hot water bottle and a mug of hot tea or coffee.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sunrise09
    Options
    That is true so true but I think I have losed myself somewhere in the past and I don't won't to go back and find myself the pain hurts to much I'm scared to I really am.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    I`ve never done that on land, but I used to do that on the flight deck of a couple of frigates I was on when we were in the warmer regions (and calm seas).  There`s something incredibly relaxing about lying on your back, gazing at thousands, if not millions, of twinkling little objects in the sky while listening to the soft noises of a warship moving through the water.   Those conditions allowed satellites to be seen - moving slowly across the sky like a moving star.
  • Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    The best night sky I’ve seen was on one holiday in Scotland, West Highlands, it was beautiful, it seemed there was more stars than sky. I’ll never forget it. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Would you feel comfortable sharing a little more about why you lock yourself away, the pain you're experiencing, and why you're scared to find yourself @Sunrise09? You don't have to share anything you don't want to, but I can sense you're going through a tough time at the moment.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Sunrise09
    Options
    Not at this time I'm sorry and I don't no if I ever could I just don't no.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,154 Scope online community team
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Not sharing anything with anyone sounds like a very difficult way to live, Pam. I'm very sorry to hear you have to go through that. It sounds like you probably haven't, but I was just wondering if you've ever sought support with what happened with your family?
    Community Manager
    Scope
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.