If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP requesting more information

Options
babsjon
babsjon Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have just received a letter from the DWP asking for more details about payments coming into my bank account from a foreign bank? These payments are from a pension when I worked in Holland in the 70/80's. Why would they ask for this?? I thought PIP was not related to income in any way?? Is this a scam?

Comments

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW Community member Posts: 355 Pioneering
    Options
    Is it possible they are making sure that you are not receiving a disability benefit from another country?

I'm sure I've read somewhere that some of the reciprocal agreements between countries mean that only one country pays the disability benefit. 
  • babsjon
    Options
    hi,
    I am not on any benefits at the moment - I am 65 years of age and have just started getting tiny pension payments from Holland  - worked in 70/80's
  • babsjon
    Options
    Is this positive?? will mine be a paper assessment?? stressing out!

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    PIP is completely separate, they may be checking that you reside in the UK. You can phone to ask why.

Asking for details of a foreign bank account does not indicate a paper based assessment is going to take place, it’s extremely rare to have one.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    To claim PIP you need to have been living in the UK for 2 out of the past 3 years. This maybe why they are asking.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.