If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Repeat Prescription

Options
salty1212334
salty1212334 Community member Posts: 145 Courageous
I am applying for pip and they say they need repeat prescription but i call pod for my prescription so i have no paper evidence. All evidence i have is from a text message from my doctor is there anyway to get paper evidence  

Comments

• salty1212334
    Options
    Hi Teddybear

if i get paper prescription and send that off would i then phone pod for my medication as i would not have paper prescription thanks
  • salty1212334
    Options
    ok i just realised i can photocopy it thanks
  • salty1212334
    Options
    will do thanks for advise
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can ask the chemist to print off a copy of your repeat prescription pip just need the list off the back not the actual prescription 
  • salty1212334
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    You can ask the chemist to print off a copy of your repeat prescription pip just need the list off the back not the actual prescription 
    janer1967 said:
    Hi Janer

i will ask chemist i would have had to go to library to print it off and they charge thanks much appreciated 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My chemist always puts a copy in my meds delivery 

It's just the back pages you need where you tick which items you want to order 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You don’t need the prescription anyway, I can just write out your list of medicine,
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
    I use Patient Access as well @Deppi, it’s so simple to register and use. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks everyone for continuing to share your insights and being supportive. You all continue to make this the supportive and friendly space it is.

If anyone needs any further support though please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for each other  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • salty1212334
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the help ive tried patient access i need some codes it says to phone GP surgery for codes i will get them today from my surgery thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the help ive tried patient access i need some codes it says to phone GP surgery for codes i will get them today from my surgery thanks

For patient access with my GP surgery we have to take some form of ID to them and then they will give you the access code.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My GP required me to take in my passport, after that I received a letter in the post with my linkage keys for Patient Access.
  • salty1212334
    Options
    Hi all i noticed the other day that my GP has my wrong address so i called them and they said they would change it but normally i would have to go and show proof of my address. I live in a flat my address is my street name and flat name they just have street name i noticed because post code was different but 3 days after phoning them to change address i got my medication and it was my old address. Does it take them so many days to change it about 3 years ago i had to go for tests once a month for 3 months i never heard nothing back after they did not tell me what was wrong do u think they could have sent my letter to a different address advising on poor diet before i got anemia 
  • bg844
    Options
    @salty1212334 You also have to take in to account how many days after your GP has approved your order for delivery, they might of approved it before you phoned. I advise you to call the chemist today and change your address with them so it doesn’t happen again.
  • salty1212334
    Options
    And u can show ID on the nhs website for key you just upload a image of your ID but i dont have any id 
  • bg844
    Options
    On that point, I signed up to Patient Access about 6 years ago. There was no option for this then, I also don’t like the NHS app, I feel PA is easier to use. 
  • bg844
    Options
    Yes and I appreciate what you’re saying I was simply just giving my experience. I know many don’t have photo ID but that is what my surgery required and if you didn’t have it you could use your Birth Certificate along with a letter to your address. Passport just felt easier to me rather than messing looking through my documents.
  • salty1212334
    Options
    Hi  i did try patient access and they sent me to NHS website im waiting on gas man to service meter then i will go to my chemist and ask them to change address its only a minute walk i no i could ask my GP all this but it causes me anxiety when i saw my doctor he noticed straight away but i do not get help for it they offered help but all that would be to much. All u are helping me so much thanks an awful lot  :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    bg844 said:
    @salty1212334 You also have to take in to account how many days after your GP has approved your order for delivery, they might of approved it before you phoned. I advise you to call the chemist today and change your address with them so it doesn’t happen again.

Indeed, i was just saying how it works with my GP surgery.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.