Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is anton1888! Got this text last week. Does anyone know how it works?

Options
anton1888
anton1888 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited October 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• anton1888
    Options
    Got this last week Wednesday I think does anyone know how it works not had a letter just this and it's Sunday no payment so far can I be waiting months weeks days for this any advice welcome stop the over thinking 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @anton1888 :) It's great to have you on board!

This looks like good news. You should receive a decision letter in the post at some point soon, which will explain how much you've been awarded. The payment sometimes comes in before the decision letter, so keep an eye on your bank account. 

Once you've got your decision letter, you can see whether you're happy with the level of award you've been given, and go from there.  

Does that help? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • anton1888
    Options
    Cheers Tori helps alot more advice the better with all this new txt stuff and hardly seen a human just phone calls and then boom txt out the blue saying we have awarded you that was enough to take months of battling off my shoulders. seen a few things were people were saying u wait months and others saying 3-5days  . Didn't know what to believe.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem @anton1888 :) 

Yes, a lot of it happens remotely now, and they started using texts relatively recently.

The 3-5 days is you've heard about may be in reference to how long the payment can take to come through once it's been sent. 

Lots of people wait quite a long time to have their assessment, and then between around 2 to 12 weeks for the decision after that, so the whole process can take a while. 

Waiting times can really vary, so it's difficult to give an exact time frame unfortunately. 

How did you find the assessment?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • anton1888
    Options
    Cheers Tori does the last txt confirming that I have the reward mean that the payments will be made and made 3_5days from that txt . just a waiting game now to see how much the award is in the letter but a have been checking the bank for this lump sum I have heard a few forums saying keep checking your bank it comes before the letter so has me doing my Sherlock Holmes to see if any one had this same issue could help and help the next wave of new claimants see the txt get the information Iam getting and can sit at peace a bit easier. Assessment was good really took there time with not like in the past were a was shaking to answer anything face to face love this new way . I was on dla for years never switched to pip when it changed just sat on UC didn't want the hastle of going throw the assessment again if I know the system was different and had changed like this a would have opened up and got my self in the right benefits from the start  . 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you are transferring from DLA there will be no money owed, even if the PIP award is higher than the DLA award. Your first payment will be about 7 weeks after the PIP decision was made.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • anton1888
    Options
    New claim poppy not from DLA . Let the site know when it lands and how it worked out but still no news 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When it goes into your bank will depend when payment was sent but you should receive it sometime this week. The decision letter will arrive some after the money goes into your bank.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • anton1888
    Options
    Thanks poppy ✌️
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.