Hi, my name is Burt! Pension Credit advice — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Burt! Pension Credit advice

Options
Burt
Burt Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My mother has dementia , and trying to get her to stay with me , Will this effect my Pension Credits. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I can't answer your question just wanted to say hi 

Other members will be able to help when they come on later 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Pension Credit is based on your mothers income so should not affect the claim. Housing Benefit will end, PIP/AA stays in payment.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,639 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    If your mother will be living with you permanently and your Pension Credit includes the Severe disability Premium then you will lose this, unless your mother is either registered blind or receives either PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or Attendance Allowance.
    You will need to report the changes to Pension credit.
    bg844 said:
    . Housing Benefit will end,
    That is incorrect.If they claim for help with the rent OP should already be receiving full housing benefit because of their pension credit. If pension credit ends when the mother moves in then housing benefit would need to be recalculated. If pension credit continues then there will be no changes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks Poppy, I read the question completely the wrong way. I thought the ‘my’ said ‘her’ I thought OP was asking in regards to the mothers PC. Sorry about that :)
  • poppy123456
    Options
    bg844 said:
    Thanks Poppy, I read the question completely the wrong way. I thought the ‘my’ said ‘her’ I thought OP was asking in regards to the mothers PC. Sorry about that :)
    No worries at all, that happens to me all the time. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Burt
    Burt Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I thank you for the replies. I think I should have been more detailed in my Question, I am a OAP with Disabilities, But was trying to find out if my Mum moved in with me  How If would effect my Pensin Credit And Other Benefits, 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Burt said:
    I thank you for the replies. I think I should have been more detailed in my Question, I am a OAP with Disabilities, But was trying to find out if my Mum moved in with me  How If would effect my Pensin Credit And Other Benefits, 
    Yes, that’s what I thought. This advice here still applies. 
    If your mother will be living with you permanently and your Pension Credit includes the Severe disability Premium then you will lose this, unless your mother is either registered blind or receives either PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or Attendance Allowance.
    You will need to report the changes to Pension credit.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.