Support with face-to-face pip assessments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support with face-to-face pip assessments

Options
Kitty56
Kitty56 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I don't have any one to attend the pip assessment with me, I really need some support, which organisations can provide a person to support me please? my assessment is in two weeks' time....

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,700 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not aware of any advice agencies that attend assessments with people. This is because they very often just don't have the funding to be able to do this. You can of course ring some agencies to ask, for this start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kitty56
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Thank you @poppy123456  I will check them out.
  • Kitty56
    Options
    Thank you @Oddball I will check them out
  • Kitty56
    Options
    @poppy123456 Thank you very much, I'll check them out
  • Kitty56
    Options
    My doctors request for a telephone assessment was ignored by the dwp since April this year, today I received a text message informing me of a face-to-face assessment which sent my mind reeling with pure anxiety, I phoned the number provided for the assessors and made my request again, it has now been changed to a phone appointment, when will we be treated as humans??
  • poppy123456
    Options
    DWP don’t arrange the assessments, the health assessment providers are responsible for that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Deppi said:
    Kitty56 said:
    My doctors request for a telephone assessment was ignored 
    Of course physical conditions may require an observation, but there are home visits for that.

They no longer do home assessments and haven't since Covid began. Telephone and video assessments have replaced them. They are unlikely to start back anytime in the future either.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.