Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Recently won PIP at tribunal for my son. How long does it take to get backdated payment?

Options
leanne8530
leanne8530 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited October 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
We recently won pip at tribunal for my son who has ASD, I told tax credits and they've added the disabled child element to the payments but said it would take a while to for them to sort out a backdated payment for the last tax year as his claim started from June 2021, does anyone know how long this takes

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @leanne8530 There is no fixed timescale but I’d give it up to 6 weeks. Just to check, did your son only get awarded standard rate DL and not enhanced?
  • leanne8530
    Options
    He got standard rate for daily living and standard rate for mobility 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Okay thanks for that, was just checking as if he got the enhanced rate another element is added. As I have advised please give up to 6 weeks although they do usually process these things relatively quickly, it’s only a small team. 

Also, you may get a few one off payments. This is so they can get your payments back on track with the new element added
  • leanne8530
    Options
    Thanks, hopefully I won't be too long then
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,982 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck @leanne8530. Hopefully, it won't be too long. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to help. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • MMR1971
    MMR1971 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hello, 
    I have received tribunal decision on friday (Online followed by hearing) and awarded 8 points on daily living components. The decision notice says '' ....is entitled to the daily living component at the standard
    rate from 11/11/2021 to 10/11/2024''. Please note, I submitted pip app. on Nov 2021. 
    I want to find out more clarification about the end date please. Whether my claim is going to end on 10/11/2024 ? I live in Scotland. This is my first post. Not sure i am on correct group/trail .. 
    Many thanks 
    MMR
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The letter should also say that your award will be reviewed after xx date. 
    Your current award will end on 10/11/2024 unless renewed.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MMR1971
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Many thanks Calcotti for your reply. I assume so. The tribunal letter didn't say anything about review. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    MMR1971 said:
    calcotti said:
    Many thanks Calcotti for your reply. I assume so. The tribunal letter didn't say anything about review. 
    Sorry. Please ignore my last reply, I completely overlooked that you referred to a tribunal decision (despite that being clear in your post!). I put it down to a sleepy afternoon watching the rain out of the window.

Your award will end on the date stated. However before that date (usually about three months before the end date) you should get a letter from DWP reminding you the award will end and advising you that if you want to continue to receive PIP you will need to make a new application.

Given how long PIP applications take to process you may wish to contact them slightly sooner than that.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MMR1971
    Options
    calcotti said:
    MMR1971 said:
    calcotti said:
    Sorry. Please ignore my last reply, I completely overlooked that you referred to a tribunal decision (despite that being clear in your post!). I put it down to a sleepy afternoon watching the rain out of the window.

Your award will end on the date stated. However before that date (usually about three months before the end date) you should get a letter from DWP reminding you the award will end and advising you that if you want to continue to receive PIP you will need to make a new application.

Given how long PIP applications take to process you may wish to contact them slightly sooner than that.
    Hi Calcotti,
    Its okay. Thank you so much for your better clarification, it will be really helpful. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,982 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @MMR1971, it is the very least you deserve. Glad to hear it will be really helpful.

If we can do anything else to help, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.