Are you disabled and interested in becoming a local government councillor? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are you disabled and interested in becoming a local government councillor?

Options
Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger

Are you passionate about your community? Being a councillor is an amazing way to give back to your local area and make a difference.

@LGAcomms has launched a new guide for disabled people on becoming a councillor, find out more by visiting this local government webpage.

Also, don't forget to let us know how you get on if you do apply! 

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• dreadwoman
    dreadwoman Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I think and hope disabled folk go for this as it's the only way to get the services that the disabled community need.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,703 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We have 3 councillors as do most wards and one of them is blind.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• dreadwoman
    dreadwoman Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    That's a shame because unless you are disabled how do they know what is right for us. I am amazed at the lack of access to shops...do they not realise that a ramp fetches in custom that they need. Yes we can buy online but i would gladly spend my money in town if i could get in the shops. I have not tried the bus service yet.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.