Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Halloweeny pictures or stories?

Options
leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
edited October 2022 in Coffee lounge
Anyone got any good pictures suitable for Halloween 🎃?
Or
stories of ghostly matters around this season?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• leeCal
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Its a full moon tonight so perhaps someone will take a good picture of it.

🦉🌔

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I brought a cute Disney Halloween mug today for work and it has made my day!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 55,781 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's a massive Web @leeCal and a huge spider. I have many ghostly tales too many too mention 
  • leeCal
    Options
    Yes @Sandy_123 There are quite a few of these around the garden at the moment, I call it the season of the spider 🕷 and I call these particular ones Holy Cross spiders because they have a cross on their backs. Probably just called garden spiders ha ha. 

You should tell us one of those stories, I’m sure people would be thrilled 😄 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• emancherry33
    emancherry33 Community member Posts: 3,640 Pioneering
    Options
    I used to live close to a cemetery and on one of a walk round the outside of the cemetery I noticed an old man with a stick and flowers slowly walking along a path which lead to a group of grave stones near a large fence to the cemetery, he slowly made his way to the last grave, he then put down the flowers and lean up against the grave stone. After a while he fell on to his knees and looked as he was crying. I was a way off from the front gate but luckily there was a man and woman walking a dog in the cemetery, I waved to get there attention and told them about the old man falling down pointing to where he went down. They got to the grave stone but know one was there. There was no flowers placed on the grave it was empty. They asked if I had really seen anyone as even they had not seen anyone enter the graveyard or leave there was only one way in / out and they had not seen anyone...
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    You can keep them @leecal I hate spiders

Oh wow @emancherry33
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,932 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    lovely pic @leeCal and spooky story @emancherry33
    Heres a couple of halloween displays we have done over the years, i used to do the house up every halloween, but not any more, not able to do it nowadays, first up a halloween spider, he was 18 foot across, and made from recycled materials, the other statues i had put together for the display

then another year we had a large mutant fly, lol

• Sandy_123
    Options
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm about to post this on my pumpkin carving thread, but I carved my first pumpkin yesterday :) 

Can anyone guess which one is mine? :D 

two pumpkins next to each other One is the traditional scary face and the other is a simple smiley face

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,932 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    those look great @Tori_Scope, is the happy one yours?

• Sandy_123
    Options
  • leeCal
    Options
    Two of my favourite pics

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's right @Grinchy :) 

Thanks @Sandy_123! We had a lot of fun doing them. 

Lovely pics @leeCal- I love the orange tones. I did try and take a picture of the moon last night, but my phone camera isn't good enough for it really. It just looked like a blurry blob.

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.