Probation new job — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Probation new job

Options
Christmas123
Christmas123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2022 in Work and employment
Evening all.

I'm new to this fabulous community. I started a new job 5 weeks ago and I know it's a struggle in the beginning to get use to new systems etc.

Any ideas on how to pass probation successfully? It's a three month probation, I do have my doubts I will not pass. Never off sick, and I arrive an hour early everyday.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

You don't need to start early to get through 

Things they look at are 
    Attendance , ability to achieve targets , communication , getting on with co workers and senior staff , attitude , flexibility and as such meeting the key objectives as set out in job description and person spec 

Good luck hope it works out 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @christmas123 :) It can certainly take a while to get used to a new role. 

I'd encourage you to speak to your line manager, if you'd feel comfortable doing so, if you've been feeling worried about passing probation. It's usually best to bring any challenges you might be facing up when they arise, so that they can be sorted out as soon as possible. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.