Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP Award Review

Options
Apollo14LMP
Apollo14LMP Community member Posts: 63 Connected
Hello all,

My last PIP award was extended by 12 mon ths during the pandemic. This award runs out August 23.
Last week received PIP review award form. I have returned this with latest patients summary, consultants reports, latest mri xrays etc.
Problem I have is degenerative not going to get better. Review is nonsense waste of my time efforts but what can you do ?
Can anyone tell me where the DWP are with these reviews ?  How long will I have to sit here waiting for these people to review my claim this time ?  Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should expect another assessment because most people have them. At the moment there's huge backlogs of people waiting for review decisions and you could be waiting 10+ months for a decision. We have members that are still waiting a year after returning forms.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can specifically request an ongoing award (10 year). If you haven’t requested that already if you get a new award which is short term you can request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the time of the award only and, if necessary, appeal it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Apollo14LMP
    Options
    Thank you,

I have had 3 face to face since PIP came in ..
    Last one DM rang me and returned me to Enhanced on both  .. 
    I did not realise that you could ask for longer awards  ... 

Got to be worth a try ....

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for reaching out @Apollo14LMP I'm glad you're finding the community helpful, please keep us in the loop with how you get on if you can :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Apollo14LMP
    Options
    IR ESA HB etc sorted - feeling better a bit, 

Does anyone have an idea of the latest situation on PIP Award reviews ?

Read one post which says from October they are adding 12 months to your award ...

read posts from people who had their Tribunal awards stopped after a Telephone interview ..

Somewhere else said they are working on new claims and reviews are on hold ??

Anyone care to offer a perspective ... thank you I hate the waiting game ...
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They are still doing reviews but the backlogs are huge. We do have members that have been waiting more than 1 year for a decision.
    If you were awarded by a Tribunal there’s no guarantee they will extend your award if no decision is made by the time your award is due to end. Some have had their awards extended and some haven’t.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Apollo14LMP
    Options
    Thank you,

I have a DWP award not a tribunal award I have PIP Enhanced both. I will just sit back and see what happens.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,162 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Apollo14LMP - the reported automatic PIP review extensions were for 'up to 12 months.' An update here: https://benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/automatic-12-month-extensions-of-pip-not-happening-yet

• dolphin10
    dolphin10 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    They are still doing reviews but the backlogs are huge. We do have members that have been waiting more than 1 year for a decision.
    If you were awarded by a Tribunal there’s no guarantee they will extend your award if no decision is made by the time your award is due to end. Some have had their awards extended and some haven’t.
    So what happens if you are 65+ and you were awarded PIp by the Tribunal and time limit is about to expire? Does that mean the end of Pip ?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    dolphin10 said:
    So what happens if you are 65+ and you were awarded PIp by the Tribunal and time limit is about to expire? Does that mean the end of Pip ?

State pension age is now 66. Once you reach this age your PIP will continue for as long as you remain entitled to it. The review will still go ahead.
  • Apollo14LMP
    Options
    On the topic of PIP Award reviews - Friday got a decision on PIP Review submitted in October- No assessment - Enhanced both components till December 2028 ... longer than the usual 1 or 2 years in case I get better ... 

Took 4 points off me on mobility I got 12 but they stopped 4 points for the journey criteria.
    No points added or lost on daily living.

Not going to argue I will save that for the next assessment / review
    My condition does not improve - it gets worse and anyone will tell you OA and alike do not get better ... 

This is a strange and odd system and odd that a decision was made from my last two years doctors records and some consultants and surgeons reports ...

So it seems some reviews are being done ...  I did not wait too long for their decision ...
    Very pleased I missed the quack Q and Q with Capita Atos et al ... that was a BIG bonus and worth 4 points perhaps .... 

Good luck to other waiting their decisions ....   
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.