If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip telephone

Options
Ikonik
Ikonik Community member Posts: 61 Connected
edited October 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Husband is just on phone now having his PIP assessment đŸ˜±

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best wishes to him @ikonik! Let us know how he gets on :) 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Ikonik
    Options
    90 minute phone call. We don't know how long he will have to wait for a decision 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,173 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ikonik said:
    90 minute phone call. We don't know how long he will have to wait for a decision 
    Between 2-12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jascof
    jascof Community member Posts: 55 Connected
    Options
    just had mine today,2 years after face to face for long term illness,talk about making you feel like you are lying about everything !!!!! i honestly felt like i was in the wrong answering all her questions,didnt ask about half of my problems and day to day etc    talk about feeling anxious now :(
  • Ikonik
    Options
    jascof said:
    just had mine today,2 years after face to face for long term illness,talk about making you feel like you are lying about everything !!!!! i honestly felt like i was in the wrong answering all her questions,didnt ask about half of my problems and day to day etc    talk about feeling anxious now :(
    I hope you get a positive outcome. I listened to all the questions that were asked when my husband had his telephone assessment. It really felt odd for someone to judge him. His needs are complex. The assessor didn't even know what one of his conditions was. He has to tell her to Google it. Very concerning 
  • jascof
    Options
    Ikonik said:
    jascof said:
    I hope you get a positive outcome. I listened to all the questions that were asked when my husband had his telephone assessment. It really felt odd for someone to judge him. His needs are complex. The assessor didn't even know what one of his conditions was. He has to tell her to Google it. Very concerning 
    more concerning she was no where near as detailed as the guy that came and did the face to face,really cant understand why she wanted to know if i had a cat and how old it was
  • Ikonik
    Options
    Yes. They asked my husband if he has any pets. He was like what? What's that got to do with my disabilities? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ikonik said: They asked my husband if he has any pets. What's that got to do with my disabilities? 
    If you do have pets then they ask about whether you walk the dog, how you feed them etc and your responses will provide information about how how your illness affects your ability to do things.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jascof
    Options
    nope she didnt ask if i fed the cat etc just if i had one and how old it was ,like i said seh seemed less indepth than the face to face guy i had a few years back 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Ikonik said:
    jascof said:

The assessors do not need to have any knowledge of any medical conditions because PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis. It's the claimants responsibility to fully explain exactly how those conditions affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jascof
    Options
    Ikonik said:
    jascof said:

The assessors do not need to have any knowledge of any medical conditions because PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis. It's the claimants responsibility to fully explain exactly how those conditions affect you.
    each time i started explaining she stopped me and said she would lead the questions and to reply just to what she asked me 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Another reason why putting as much information on the form is also important. (without telling your life story) The more you leave off the form, the more questions they have to ask you.
  • jascof
    Options
    Another reason why putting as much information on the form is also important. (without telling your life story) The more you leave off the form, the more questions they have to ask you.
    i always put all info on forms and EVERY  assesment i have had has been a lot more in depth than this one,hence why saying it seemed a bit of a weird assesment,just over 2 years ago i had copies of my forms and the guy was still very indepth and asked a lot of what was already on the forms ? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    All you can do now is wait for the decision which can be between 2-12 weeks from when the report is returned to DWP. Impossible to speculate anything at this point.
  • jascof
    Options
    Ikonik said:
    jascof said:

each time i started explaining she stopped me and said she would lead the questions and to reply just to what she asked me 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.