Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024


Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is aliwalker! I need some advice on removing an appointee

Options
aliwalker
aliwalker Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I need some advice for my daughters partner regarding pip and removing appointee its a long story she is transgender is almost 20 and has no contact with her parents but they are still receiving pip for her she has never received any money from her parents as there is no contact in fact she has never received any of the pip money DWP have not been any help any advice on how to remove them 

Comments

  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,977 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    DWP should investigate when a claimant reports their appointee is not acting in their best interests... IE not giving the claimant their money and keeping it for their self. If you have evidence of this then even better. https://www.moneycarer.org.uk/faqs/appointeeship/can-an-appointeeship-be-cancelled.html

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @aliwalker :) 

    That sounds like a really difficult situation! Have you/they read the link above? I hope it's helpful. 

    National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

  • Hugme2023
    Hugme2023 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hi all
    I have a question on pip 
    Can you put in a new claim to run alongside your ongoing tribunal claim?? Appreciate ur replies
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,977 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hugme2023 said:
    Hi all
    I have a question on pip 
    Can you put in a new claim to run alongside your ongoing tribunal claim?? Appreciate ur replies

    It depends whether you already have an award or not. If you don't then yes you can but it's not the best thing to do. By doing this you're creating what's known as a "closed period" this means that if the Tribunal award you then you'll only be owed money up until the day before you started your new claim.

    Any new decision that's made on a new claim will overrule the Tribunal decision. If DWP refuse you again then the whole process starts all over again.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hugme2023
    Hugme2023 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for replying Poppy we have been fighting pip for 2 an half years ... it was just transferring from dla cos of his age.. had a tribunal in Feb this year no award there was an error of law so had another tribunal in July awarded him 7 points previous tribunal was 2
     ....I feel purposely awarded 1 point under to avoid them having to back. So again asked for statement of reasons have waited 35 days fir it and its just basically a he said she said manuscript of the hearing its beyond a joke now.   I was told by welfare rights that u can out in a new claim which wud just put an end date for 2 an half years .... but I feel if u put a new claim in that they just forget above the previous one 

    Will have to ask for upper tribunal but hear dwp can refuse so stressed trying to get son help from them
  • Hugme2023
    Hugme2023 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    aliwalker said:
    Hi I need some advice for my daughters partner regarding pip and removing appointee its a long story she is transgender is almost 20 and has no contact with her parents but they are still receiving pip for her she has never received any money from her parents as there is no contact in fact she has never received any of the pip money DWP have not been any help any advice on how to remove them 
    Hi Ali he has to ring the dwp himself and tell them he wants the existing appointee removed the dwp are the only ones who can remove the appointee for him ... Ring pip themselves 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hugme2023 said:
    .. had a tribunal in Feb this year no award there was an error of law so had another tribunal in July awarded him 7 points previous tribunal was 2
     ....I feel purposely awarded 1 point under to avoid them having to back. So again asked for statement of reasons have waited 35 days fir it and its just basically a he said she said manuscript of the hearing its beyond a joke now.   I was told by welfare rights that u can out in a new claim which wud just put an end date for 2 an half years .... but I feel if u put a new claim in that they just forget above the previous one 

    Will have to ask for upper tribunal but hear dwp can refuse so stressed trying to get son help from them
    Hi @Hugme2023 - if I'm understanding this correctly, you say there was an error in law found with the Feb tribunal, so in July this went to an Upper tribunal.
    I'm so sorry an award hasn't been made, & it's all taken so long.... If you are being helped by Welfare Rights, then I don't see what more you can do following an Upper Tribunal, & would be guided by what they've advised (to put in a new claim however incredibly frustrating this must be).

  • Hugme2023
    Hugme2023 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hi Aliwalker. 
    So with error of law meant they dismissed the 1st tribunal and redone it so next step is upper but I really don't no how much  more I can take so so stressful 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Thank you for explaining further. Is Welfare Rights helping you with looking at appealing to an Upper tribunal? I can imagine it all taking such a very long time is exhausting, to say nothing of the stress.
  • Hugme2023
    Hugme2023 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    The help by giving advice not representing though as he said was too late as we had put into appeal before spoke to them 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?


Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.