Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi!!! My friend didn't receive LCWRA this month

Options
idk124
idk124 Community member Posts: 29 Listener
edited October 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hiya!! I wanted to ask about my friends LCWRA, he was awarded with it last month in September on the 22nd, and gets UC payment every 15th but he didn’t get the lcwra element this month! He also stopped putting in fit notes after he was awarded, do you think that’s the reason he didn’t get it? Some people also say he’ll get it in December so I don’t know , thanks in advance xx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,951 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    No further fit notes are needed once a decision was made. There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time, starting from the date you first reported your health condition/or sent your first fit note. It's then paid from the 4th month of your claim.
    When it's paid from will depend on what date exactly they reported their health condition. If you can find out that then i'll be able to help you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • idk124
    Options
    Hiya!! I wanted to ask about my friends LCWRA, he was awarded with it last month in September on the 22nd, and gets UC payment every 15th but he didn’t get the lcwra element this month! He also stopped putting in fit notes after he was awarded, do you think that’s the reason he didn’t get it? Some people also say he’ll get it in December so I don’t know , thanks in advance xx
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    He should be paid it for the fourth full assessment period after he first reported his health condition.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • idk124
    Options
    I’ll let you know the exact date tomorrow, but they have been awarded with lcwra last month on the 22 and they wrote in the journal asking about the first payment, they said that they’ll get an award around in 3 months which is December. The thing is that their fit notes weren’t consistent while they were waiting for the assessment,  im worried if that will affect the monthly element 
  • idk124
    Options
    Just found out the first fit note was on 6th of April 
  • idk124
    Options
    My friend asked for the uc form but never sent it back to them after couple months the dwp contacted them by themselves and said they have all the information and that my friend will only have a telephone assessment which was about 2 weeks before he was awarded with the element(22.September). My friend also has pip so I believe that’s why they knew about his health condition without him sending them the uc form. I’m sorry this might seem like a lot to comprehend but we have no other place to ask about. Thanks so much in advance xx
  • poppy123456
    Options
    idk124 said:
     The thing is that their fit notes weren’t consistent while they were waiting for the assessment,  im worried if that will affect the monthly element 

This could affect when it's paid from because you are supposed to send fit notes without any gaps until a decision is made on their WCA.
    How long were the gaps?
    idk124 said:
    Just found out the first fit note was on 6th of April 

If they go from this then their waiting period will be April to July. LCWRA starts from assessment period July 9th to August 8th and first payment would be August 15th. But as i advised, the gaps could affect when it's paid from and they may go from when the fit notes were continous.
    It will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision.

• idk124
    edited October 2022
    Options
    The gaps were a couple months. You said the first payment would be in August but how if he got his decision in September. He’s not really concerned about the back payment only his monthly element. You reckon he’ll still be awarded with the element and get the payment because he has LCWRA  
  • poppy123456
    Options
    idk124 said:
    The gaps were a couple months. You said the first payment would be in August but how if he got his decision in September. He’s not really concerned about the back payment only his monthly element.
    He would be owed money from August of course. However because the gaps were a couple of months then it could go against him and they may go from when the fit notes were continuous.
    idk124 said:
    You reckon he’ll still be awarded with the element and get the payment because he has LCWRA  
    Yes, unless he's claiming UC with a partner that already recieves the LCWRA element on their claim. LCWRA is an extra £354.28 per month.
  • idk124
    Options
    ok thank you!! Hopefully he gets the element soon. Yes he is claiming uc with his partner but his partner doesn’t  have LCWRA
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,982 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fingers crossed for him @idk124. Please feel free to keep us updated  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • idk124
    Options
    Thank you  L_volunteer!!! 

Hi there again!! Update: my friend got told he’ll receive the element next month, but the caseworker asked if he could hand in backdated fit notes for 4 months. My friend called his gp and they gave him the fit notes so he wrote on his journal and apparently he needs to do a MR because he’s handing in old fit notes, will that somehow affect his entitlement, im worried he’ll get rejected and put as fit to work 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It won't affect the LCWRA decision. Backdated fit notes aren't always accepted but it will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision. Your friend needs to put the reason why they didn't continue to send the fit notes without any gaps.
  • idk124
    Options
    Oh ok thanks!! You see the reason was that he totally forgot about the uc form and about the LCWRA benefit, he just randomly got a call after few months saying he’s due an assessment and that’s when he gave another fit note, don’t know what to say it’s complicated and a dumb excuse🥲but thanks again xx 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,982 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options

You are welcome @idk124, we are truly here for you and listening to you. This sounds like a really difficult and worrying time.

I can hear how this is exacerbated by his memory and forgetting about the UC form and about the LCWRA benefit until he randomly got a call after a few months.

I can really empathise with how difficult it is that they are using his memory against him. Is there anything, in particular, that might help this to be more manageable at the moment?

Please don’t hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to help. You don’t have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don’t want to  :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • idk124
    Options
    Thank you so much!! We made a note in the journal saying we want a ftf appointment so we can prove the fit notes. I’ll let you know how this ends up. Thanks again x 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    idk124 said:
    Thank you so much!! We made a note in the journal saying we want a ftf appointment so we can prove the fit notes. I’ll let you know how this ends up. Thanks again x 

That isn't really needed because if they wanted to see them they could ask you to send them. The decision maker will decide whether the back dated fit notes will be accepted.
  • idk124
    Options
    yess they sent a link where he could put the date of the fit notes but it wouldn’t let him put an old date so they said we could either make an appointment or send it through Royal Mail 
  • idk124
    Options
    Hi there!! Just wanted to ask what we could do, I’m frustrated my friend has been told he’d get his capability element this month but it doesn’t show on his statement, this is Ridiculous it’s been 3 months. At this point they’re taking a joke outta him 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.