Making New Friendships — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Making New Friendships

Options
AlexRamzan
AlexRamzan Scope Member Posts: 5 Connected
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any ways of meeting new people? Looking to meet new friends! Anyone know of anything. 

I’m into theatre, football, the odd bit of gaming and quite down to earth! 

I’m 27, have a Guide Dog, I live in Essex, but looking for anyway really online or offline! 
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,868 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @AlexRamzan are there any groups in your area to join for your age group?
    I've put a link below of lists of things going on in your area, might be of interest 

https://www.meetup.com/cities/gb/essex/social/
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,833 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's plenty of people on here you can make friends with. In the time i've been here i've made some lovely friends.
    I've even had the pleasure of meeting one of them in person twice and i'm going to visit her in her home again this Saturday. We ring each other weekly and have done for many months. I also have contact with another person most days but never met them.
    There's lots of threads you can involve yourself in and you will soon make some friends.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,752 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @AlexRamzan it's never easy to make friends but this is a really friendly forum lots of things to get involved in and chances to chat to others and make friends.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there @AlexRamzan and welcome :) Well done for putting yourself out there. As lots of our members have said, the community here is a great place to make friends- and you've posted in the coffee lounge, which is the best place to get to know everyone.

What theatre do you like, and have you seen any shows live?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • AlexRamzan
    AlexRamzan Scope Member Posts: 5 Connected
    Options
    Hi there @AlexRamzan and welcome :) Well done for putting yourself out there. As lots of our members have said, the community here is a great place to make friends- and you've posted in the coffee lounge, which is the best place to get to know everyone.

What theatre do you like, and have you seen any shows live?
    What haven’t I seen should be the question! 😂 I do a lot of reviewing of shows for my local theatre! But in terms of West End, I’ve seen Wicked so many times over the years I’ve lost count! I’ve also seen Phantom a couple of times! Want to see the lion king and Les Mis at some point. Also Frozen and Back To The Future look really good! What about you? 🙂
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @AlexRamzan hope your well, hows your Weekend been, have you had chance to get out and about ?
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @AlexRamzan. I can see a lot of people have already greeted you but welcome from me too  :)

What is your favourite thing to watch at the theatre @Teddybear12? Just out of interest  :p
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.