Christmas — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Christmas

Options
MadCow1
MadCow1 Community member Posts: 396 Pioneering
Hi everyone,

Just wondering,has anyone else started their Christmas shopping yet?! Are you a person who buys yours really early? Or do you leave your gift buying until the very last minute? 🎄

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,669 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Almost finished our xmas gift shopping, those that are left are all getting money, have started on the food shop a few weeks ago just a couple of extras each week so it's not a bill equal to our national debt when we shop on Dec 23rd.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have started but not finished.  I tend to do it early as I rely on online shopping so to give time for deliveries 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm still thinking about it ha ha once i know what i'm buying people i will start.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,801 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Already got my eye on gifts, doing it  all on line this year as better prices
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,669 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    I'm still thinking about it ha ha once i know what i'm buying people i will start.
    Sue I have  list if it helps ? 👀
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MadCow1
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies. I am halfway through my list,with just a few more things to buy.

I do realise that Christmas is an expensive time of the year,even moreso this year with the C. O. L crisis. 

Also not everyone has family/ friends  & find Christmas an even lonelier time than any other time of the year.

We have to think about these people, along with the real meaning of Christmas too.
  • MadCow1
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I would just like to wish you all a Happy Christmas .

• SueHeath
    Options
    Happy Christmas and a Healthy 2023 @MadCow1 x
  • Fat_Jon
    Fat_Jon Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    I give my children money, and the grandchildren get various books which I buy online from Waterstones. I read the reviews and decide which ones are suitable for the age group, then have to check with parents to make sure they don't have them already, or read them via the school library. I do all this in October which gives me plenty of time. 

I like to encourage children to read, because so many spend hours on computer games or making silly comments on social media sites. 

Also, second hand books/puzzles can be found in charity shops at bargain prices; but I tend to keep these myself for when the grandchildren visit. 
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Morning @Fat_Jon person after my own heart.
    I'm not a great reader, hubby is and my three son's enjoyed reading when they were young and now this has past on to my six Grand children, we do the same with buying them books and they still enjoy their collection and also swope with each other when they have read the book. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.