If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

LCWRA payment issues

Options
PBJK
PBJK Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone, firstly just want to say how much I appreciate all of the help I've received from this forum before even having registered

I've been awarded LCWRA

My health condition was reported on 22/3/2022

But my back payment is from 27/7/2022 (my assessment period is from 27th to 26th)

By my calculations that is 4 full assessment periods that I'm not being paid for when it should be 3

I immediately enquired in detail via my journal and got a very fast response telling me there is a 3 month waiting period, totally ignoring what I was saying (that I'm missing 4 months not 3). So I have replied with a simplified version in the hope that they will understand this time... No response from them yet.

If anyone can help me understand if I'm mistaken it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,235 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, the waiting period is 3 full assessment periods and the extra money is then paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition. Remember, UC is paid 1 month is arrears.
    Did you send a fit note within 7 days of reporting your health condition?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PBJK
    Options
    Thanks for your response

I submitted my first fit note on 11th April which was backdated to 31st march

(Assesment period 27th-26th)
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PBJK said:
    Thanks for your response

I submitted my first fit note on 11th April which was backdated to 31st march

(Assesment period 27th-26th)
    They may therefore taken your date of reporting as 4th April because you can only self certify for 7 days and they seem to refuse to accept backdated Fit Notes.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,235 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Agree with calcotti, your fit note was reported after the 7 days so that's why your LCWRA has started 1 month later.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PBJK
    Options
    It wouldn't be difficult for me get proof of when my accident happened, do you think it's worth trying a mandatory reconsideration via written letter with proof when the accident happened?

I couldn't get a fit note till I was discharged from the hospital after major surgery so it seems harsh to lose a great deal of money for something out of my control... 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can certainly ask them to review the start date by explaining why there is reasonable reason why there was a delay of more than 7 days between notifying them of your health condition and providing the Fit Note.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.