Christmas Ad - 19th October — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Christmas Ad - 19th October

Options
Siwheels73
Siwheels73 Scope Member Posts: 746 Pioneering
Just seen the first Christmas Advert on ITV!!! They're getting earlier and earlier.

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,005 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Its all Xmas now in the shops too, that reminds me I bought mince pies
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Look forward to the John Lewis ad, very clever marketing hardly gets shown on TV but usually 12 million views on youtube
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,925 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I must say that while I find the actual event difficult I quite like the build up. :)
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I was seeing Christmas food and drinks back on the first week of September, mid-November for me feels right for them sorts of things.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Xmas is not for me. It`s a (supposedly) religious event that means nothing to me.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,884 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    love the season, the build up and love the usual adverts, living room tree will go up after halloween, ho ho ho!
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Never thought i'd hear the Grinch say he loves Christmas @Grinchy ha ha x
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Ada said:
    Cartini said:
    Xmas is not for me. It`s a (supposedly) religious event that means nothing to me.
    I never discuss politics or religion with friends. 
    I believe in Santa and what he did. 
    I believe in the magic of Christmas. Folk who wouldn’t normally look your way will give you a warm smile. 
    That smile comes from the gift 💝 that Santa’s magic brings 
    I`m happy for you that you get so much pleasure out of it.  However, I don`t.

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,884 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    SueHeath said:
    Lol, i'm going soft in my old age!
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Grinchy said:
    SueHeath said:
    Lol, i'm going soft in my old age!
    Ha ha love it x
  • SueHeath
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Ada said:
    Santa won’t help me give gifts this year if I keep being naughty and getting slapped wrist. 
    Especially with my wasting away wrist it’s quite painful 😖  

Have you been naughty Ada ha ha - this reminds me I will have to get the elf on the shelf out soon, have you seen or heard of this one ?
    One of my youngest granddaughters can be "a little naughty" for mom and dad so we pretend that our elf is invisable and can see her all year and report back to Santa, it works at the moment bless her xxx
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Ada said:
    Yes @SueHeath I been naughty upsetting others that Christmas brings sadness to. Unintentionally of course.   But I do believe in Santa 🎅 bringing joy to even the poorly and poorest 👶 
    children. 

I have heard of the elf on the shelf. I would love to have one. 
    you have not upset anyone, that i can see Ada, some of the comments are part of the thread/debate we all have different views on things darling, I know it's hard but try not to worry that you have upset others darling, hopefully you will get to know different peoples personality's after all you got my wicked humour xx
  • SueHeath
    Options
    I'm saddened by your life so far @Ada i will say hearing of peoples life like your self makes me feel more blessed about my own life. I wish i had a magic wand and could take away peoples pain/hurt/trauma of this kind, it really hurts my heart to know people have had to suffer abuse of this kind, things like this makes me sad and i take my hat of to all of you on this site who have suffered abuse I wish i could give you all a hug. I love that you still remember the kindness of the wrestler and i would agree people like that are true Santa's, knowing the story of St Nicolas xx
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ada said:

when I was in a children’s home I never appreciated xmas gifts knowing they weren’t from a personal place they were from the local council. 
    But then one year a famous wrestler ( at that time ) came with gifts. No newspapers tv crews. Just from his heart. 
    He was my Santa 🎅 
    Awwww that's so sweet, especially not using it as a photo opportunity!!! I'm sure many of us (me included!!!) will be here over Christmas so you won't be alone this year,  you'll have us all <3

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.