Hi, my name is Arthie and i need help. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Arthie and i need help.

Options
Arthie
Arthie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2022 in Work and employment
My employer didn't pay me today as I was expecting.  It appears that my SSP run out 4 weeks ago but I didn't get any notification from my employer about this.  Looking online it says they should have let me know 7 days after the last payment and sent me a SSP1 form which they haven't done.  Its now been 4 weeks since my last payment from them and still no SSP1 form.  I only found out that I hadn't been paid because I got notice from my bank that I am overdrawn due to no wages going in but DD still going out.

It says on the gov web site it is a requirement they let me know, I don't know what i can do as they haven't done what is required from them.
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Yes you should be informed ssp is coming to an end and get ssp1 form but there isn't much you can do other than request they send you the form now 

This allows you to claim new style esa if you are eligible 

Ssp is only paid for 28 weeks so it is important that you also keep track of this yourself.  Legally that is all an employer can pay you ssp for 

Unfortunately this does happen more often than it should 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Arthie

I can see this is your first post. Welcome to our community :) 

I'm so sorry your employer didn't notify you. Like Janer1967 said above, if you request your SSP1 form now, you can claim new style ESA. We are here to help in any way we can :) I hope you've been keeping well? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Arthie
    Arthie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I requested the form on the 21st October, so far they have sent it in a locked folder (4th Nov) that no one knew the password to... then the 2nd attempt (7th November) All the dates are wrong, even the date the person signed it was for 3 months before I was off work!!   Still waiting on a correct form.  Its just so frustrating. 

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Arthie said:
    I requested the form on the 21st October, so far they have sent it in a locked folder (4th Nov) that no one knew the password to... then the 2nd attempt (7th November) All the dates are wrong, even the date the person signed it was for 3 months before I was off work!!   Still waiting on a correct form.  Its just so frustrating. 

That is so frustrating, I'm so sorry you are still waiting for the correct form. I'm keeping everything crossed they sort it out soon. Please keep us updated :)
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.