If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and esa appeals

Options
dafuzz
dafuzz Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited October 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone,  just looking for a bit of reassurance.  Got my PIP tribunal in 3 weeks. Although basically know my case inside out, ( have an obsessive personality   I need to know everything about everything if it interests me)   I'm still incredibly nervous and wound up.  Not sleeping at night , sleeping at day Time, can't seem to shake it.
Can only hope it goes like my ESA tribunal which was overturned before tribunal date was even set . Went from fit to work to support group just 2 weeks after tribunal being requested.  I had also complained to the health assessment people and got as close to an apology and admit of not being truthful as I was ever going to get, they were clever with their words but still,  it's something I suppose   
The advice on here has been great and I've read a lot believe me. 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @dafuzz :) How are you doing today? 

I hope that your PIP tribunal goes well. Many people find that it's not as scary as they were expecting. Citizens Advice have some information about what to expect, which you might find reassuring to read.

Are you receiving expert support to help you with your appeal? 

It's quite normal to feel really nervous about it. I know it's easier said than done, but I'd try to take some time to relax and unwind if you can. Is there an activity you could do that usually helps you to soothe your nerves? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • dafuzz
    Options
    Hello , and thanks for the warm welcome, I started journey in March so I'm fairly surprised at tribunal being quicker than I thought it would be 
    No official support but have someone thats been through it so its good to gave her on side.
    I use audio books to unwind , do many books I wouldn't of read but audio books really helps sleep and relax for me.  Some meditation helps as well but still get wond up so badly.  Camomile tea is a bit of God send as well

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    Have you listened to any good audio books recently @dafuzz? I'm trying to get back into reading, and am currently reading 'How To Kill Your Family', which my partner has lent me. I'll emphasise that it's a fiction book :D 

• dafuzz
    Options
    At the moment I'm working my way through Robert W Ross. Sentinels of creation  7 in total, very much Fiction/fantasy, excellent narrator reading the book, really brings out characters in it. Some might say a bit left field but really like it so far, I use the audio books when I go out to park etc  watch the world go by.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds really great @dafuzz. I can especially hear how the narrator reading the book is excellent and really brings out the characters in it. 

As long as you like it, I say who else's opinion matters! I hope you continue to enjoy it and audiobooks more generally  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • dafuzz
    Options
    Well had my tribunal, it was a lot less trouble and bad as I thought it would be. Had DWP on video link while face with judge etc, 
    Doctor was a bit difficult but being OCD I researched PIP to within an inch of its life, awaiting letter now, so what's done is done for the moment.  From when I applied in March to going to tribunal yesterday   although it should be quicker,  I certainly realise that my case was relatively quick to go the whole process 
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I'm glad it wasn't as bad as you thought it'd be @dafuzz! That's quite common. Best wishes for the outcome :) 

I hope that you can take some time to relax and take your mind off of it today. Do you have anything in mind?

• dafuzz
    Options
    Well. The results are in. Got enhanced for daily stayed on standard mobility,  so not as I wanted but I can deal. From being awarded standard daily only then MR upping it to daily mobility.
    To tribunal enhanced daily.  Awarded till 2025. Keep fighting,  its a long road but worth it.

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,729 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Shame it isn't the complete outcome you wanted but still great news @dafuzz!! <3
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your news with us @dafuzz. How are you feeling about things at the moment?

We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us. You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to. 

I am glad to hear that, although you found it a long road, you found it worth it. If we can do anything to support you please don't hesitate to let us know  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • dafuzz
    Options
    Thank you everyone,  I feel bit at a loose end now. Having OCD and a obsessive personality means that I was so concentrated on PIP and ESA  ( which I went from zero to support group via a MR).
    My brain doesn't know what to do with itself.  Started colouring in book again as it helps to chill me out. Used to not sleeping for thinking about PIP,  now can't sleep for not thinking about it. Guess just need to see where my next obsessive subject will take me
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.