Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Assessment yesterday, already received message from DWP

Options
orangefresh
orangefresh Community member Posts: 35 Connected
I had a assessment yesterday and had a confirmation of DWP receiving my report at 8am this morning. That to me seems very quick. Could it be an indication that I haven’t been awarded pip?

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Answered on your other thread.
  • Floydiee1995
    Floydiee1995 Community member Posts: 112 Courageous
    Options
    I had a assessment yesterday and had a confirmation of DWP receiving my report at 8am this morning. That to me seems very quick. Could it be an indication that I haven’t been awarded pip?
    Wow that is quick! Seen a few others saying the same thing! I was told mine would be sent off last Wednesday (when my assessment was) and I haven’t had a text yet! I reckon mine has gone in for auditing! Good luck with your claim 😊
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ShieldsRED just to warn you even though your award is until next year a new decision will end the current claim and the new decision will replace that once the decision is made it comes into effect straight away 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,110 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @janer1967 - Thank you for your reply - meaning that if it comes back where it's taken away? and my Universal Credit appt I have, if I lose that even though I was on LWCRA, then I could end up going to zero income ? Oh god, this is great, that's all I need to end up homeless, as I have no family that I'm in touch with, and literally 1 or 2 friends :( I thought it was guaranteed until March 2023 ? I hate this benefits and disability system, it's as if they're just wanting people to end their own lives because they're an inconvenience :(

Once the decision is made on your PIP review then if the worst happens and you're refused then yes your PIP award ends. This is because any new decision overrules your current award.
    For your UC in another thread you said you have LCW and not LCWRA, which means you won't be receiving any extra money for the LCW if your claim started after April 2017. So any review in the future, if you're found fit for work then your money just remains the same.
    Your work focused interview that you have coming up is not a work capability assessment. This will be an interview with your work coach.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What makes you think you will lose your whole UC? This isn't likely to happen unless in the future you have savings/capital of more than £16,000. Even in the future if you're found fit fore work, you will still be entitled to UC. PIP and UC have nothing to do with paying your taxes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your work coach will not force you into work. You've been found to have LCW which means you don't have to look for work. Your appointee will be just to discuss what it is your claimant commiments. So it will be like the phone appointments you've had but in person instead.
    Your rent paid with UC is known as housing element, it's not housing benefit. They are 2 completely different benefits.
    You won't lose your housing element because it's paid with your maximum UC entitlement.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There's no end date to LCW and it just continues until a new decision says otherwise. The timescales they give you are just a guide. Reviews for the work capability assessment have been suspended for quite sometime. I haven't seen anything offical that says they've started back up again.
    As i previously advised, you won't be forced to look for work. Your appointment with your work coach isn't about looking for work.
    Reason I'm saying this is because I recieved 2 different decisions both from DWP staff, one saying I was fit, and the other saying I wasn't. The one who said I wasn't was when I claimed UC, but the PIP one said I did, until I took it to a tribunal in which I was told I'm not physically or mentally fit for work, and awarded both elements of PIP at the courts.
    Yes, i seen on another thread about the "fit for work comment for PIP" you can't be found fit for work by DWP or a Tribunal when claiming PIP because it's got nothing to do with your ability to work. People claim PIP and work.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456 , so even though it says my appt is to discuss my work commitments, it doesn't mean that I'm commited to look for work ? Am I understanding that correct ?
    That's correct. The appointments are called work focused interviews but this doesn't you you'll be forced to look for work.
    So my appt with job centre will simply be to discuss what ? if you've any idea - it says "attend your work focused interview to check what you've done to increase your chances of getting work or earning more" - this is a mandatory appt.

I can't tell you what you'll be discussing at the WFI because it will depend on your claimant commiments.
    apologies to orangefresh for going off topic so much in your thread.
    Could a member of the scope team possibly move the comments on this thread and combine with @ShieldsRED other thread here please. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/97444/advice-and-help-please#latest @Alex_Scope @Cher_Scope

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Because you have LCW you are in the work preparation group which generally means you have to meet your work coach regularly and also prepare for work. This includes things like writing a CV and going on training or work experience.

What you specifically are expected to do is set out in the Claimant Commitment you have agreed as part of your UC claim.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.