If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP assessment was only 20 minutes long

Options
Torilou86
Torilou86 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I am new here. 
I'm August I applied for pip, had put it off for a long time because I'd never heard good things and felt it was alot of hard work for nothing. 
How er today I had my telephone assessment, it only lasted 20 minutes. 
Has anyone had similar and had a good outcome? 
I was expecting it to last an hour or more. 
Thank you 😊

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The length of time the assessment took doesn't mean anything at all, other than they had asked you all the questions they needed to. Once the report is returned to DWP the decision can take 2-12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Torilou86
    Torilou86 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    OK thank you. Any idea why they asked about my dog? Seems a little odd
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Asking about animals is quite common because they can find a lot out from this question. For example, if you said you're unable to walk but you take your dog out for walks, or you're unable to bend down to put your shoes or socks on but you would need to bend down to feed an animal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Floydiee1995
    Floydiee1995 Community member Posts: 112 Courageous
    Options
    Torilou86 said:
    OK thank you. Any idea why they asked about my dog? Seems a little odd
    Hi @Torilou86

I had the same question about pets as live with my mum and is my main care giver. They asked me if I deal with the dog and simply said no I’m not able to my family sort and deal with the dog as my mobility is very bad. 

Wish you the best of luck 🤞 this forum is great for any questions etc you may have 😊
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.