Paying for dateing sites — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Paying for dateing sites

Options
keith1976
keith1976 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
is there anything i can do am disabled but dateing sites are to much to pay each month or every 3 months

Comments

• ByTheSea
    ByTheSea Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Options
    @keith1976 I agree, not only are they are costly but often unsafe as they are frequented by people who take advantage and scammers, so you are wise to stay clear. It is very difficult though, frequent here instead, do you go out or stay in ? If you go out are there any local groups you can join ( hobbies, trips etc )   
  • diliz
    diliz Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    ByTheSea said:
    @keith1976 I agree, not only are they are costly but often unsafe as they are frequented by people who take advantage and scammers, so you are wise to stay clear. It is very difficult though, frequent here instead, do you go out or stay in ? If you go out are there any local groups you can join ( hobbies, trips etc )   
    I agree with you. Unfortunately these sites are a magnet for cons and creeps. I have been fortunate and met someone on POF and been in a 9 year relationship, which has evolved into a wonderful platonic friendship. So, there are some gooduns, but sadly very few.

I have been involved in exposing and reporting the lowlife vermin, romance scammers since 2004 when a dear friend got scammed. Trust me, these people are very determined and apart from the odd blatantly obvious scammers, the are cunning and pick on vulnerable people, but even Internet savvy users get conned.

• MollySco9
    MollySco9 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    I'm recently single and not getting much attention on dating apps. I'm wondering if paying for premium helps you get more, and whether I should pay
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In terms of if premium helps you get more @MollySco9, it might be worth looking at what each dating app lists as the benefits of their premium. 

Some premiums might not have that much extra benefit and may just be a source of funding the dating apps! Make sure you do what's right for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Leo_Aces
    Leo_Aces Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    As @L_Volunteer says it may be a good idea to have a look at what each dating site and app offers. Many sites and apps try to entice users with “premium features “ but in actual fact the sites and apps can actually be used on a basic level for free. 

♠️Community Volunteer Advisor ♠️

I’m a Speaker and Life Coach.

I have professional knowledge of Gender Identity & Sexuality  

I coach people with all abilities to guide them to realise their potential and feel empowered 

My background is Person Centred and Transactional therapy 

➡️Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.⬅️

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for confirming @Leo_Aces. Do you have any additional advice you would like to share?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Leo_Aces
    Leo_Aces Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    The only additional advice I would suggest is to perhaps take advantage of when dating sites and apps offer free trials. This will give you a good idea of what expect going forward. Read carefully about what you are signing up for before deciding to do so. Some subscriptions can be tricky to get out of!

♠️Community Volunteer Advisor ♠️

I’m a Speaker and Life Coach.

I have professional knowledge of Gender Identity & Sexuality  

I coach people with all abilities to guide them to realise their potential and feel empowered 

My background is Person Centred and Transactional therapy 

➡️Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.⬅️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.