Support Group — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support Group

Options
userinfo1
userinfo1 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
Finally after months of waiting and battling they have put me into the support group with further evidence sent in clearly stating my condition is lifelong.

Is it correct now that I'm in the support group that sick notes are no longer required? I have asked them via the call centre but the letter doesn't say anything.

Also the length of the award I asked and was told is 2 years. Is this typical with someone that has a lifelong condition that will never improve. Will I have to go through this pantomime again in 2 years time knowing that nothing possible will have changed and my condition will only have got worse.

I read somewhere people that have light touch reviews for certain conditions is still the case? What conditions and circumstances would these be?

Just glad got some space now from all of this upheaval the last 10 months have been horrific not to say the least.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

You no longer need to provide fit notes 

The length of award is jyst a guide there is no end date your award will stay in place until you ars reassessed and this could be anytime from 3 months onwards 

Currently there are massive backlogs for reviews and they have only just started them again and seem to be concentrating on those who have not been reviewed for 5 years or more 

The light touch review is fir pip and not work capability assessment 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,791 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For Support Group and LCWRA it's called the severe conditions group, being in the group would mean no further assessments are needed. However, the criteira for this is quite strict. Further details here. https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/sites/default/files/pdf/Severeconditionsguidance.pdf

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.