If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cost of living still not received

Options
andysimpson2
andysimpson2 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
edited October 2022 in Cost of living
hi guys 

I hope you are well. I received my latest pip payment but I still haven’t received my col payment. 

Is anyone else still waiting? I filled in the missed payment form a number of weeks ago 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are numerous threads on the forum saying people are still waiting although payments are now starting to come through for those who have reported a missing payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @andysimpson2 Hello! As @calcotti advised, you definitely aren't alone and many are in the same position awaiting payments reported as missing. If you browse our Cost of Living category (which I've popped your thread in) then you'll see other members stories.

I hope it hits your bank account asap. Take care and speak again soon!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • haribella1216
    haribella1216 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    hi guys 

I hope you are well. I received my latest pip payment but I still haven’t received my col payment. 

Is anyone else still waiting? I filled in the missed payment form a number of weeks ago 
    @an@andysimpson2 not recieved a thing. Spoke to mps and also messaged media outlets with regards this and to be honest theu don't seem to give a **** .
    Apparently a letter was sent out to me 2nd class on the 6th October and not recieved a thing. It's pathetic organisation from them. All they had to do was when they check if you are eligible then manually process the payment then. And also the thing I don't understand is they are manually processing payments but yet some folk I've read have had there's paid in the early hours of the morning so how theu done that ( unless someone is there 24 hours a day ) 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi guys 

@an@andysimpson2 not recieved a thing. Spoke to mps and also messaged media outlets with regards this and to be honest theu don't seem to give a **** .
    Apparently a letter was sent out to me 2nd class on the 6th October and not recieved a thing. It's pathetic organisation from them. All they had to do was when they check if you are eligible then manually process the payment then. And also the thing I don't understand is they are manually processing payments but yet some folk I've read have had there's paid in the early hours of the morning so how theu done that ( unless someone is there 24 hours a day ) 

You don't need the letter because it will only tell you what you already know. Yes, some payments were made manually because when i received mine and my daughters both was received after 9am, rather than early hours of the morning for normal BACS payments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • haribella1216
    Options
    hi guys 

You don't need the letter because it will only tell you what you already know. Yes, some payments were made manually because when i received mine and my daughters both was received after 9am, rather than early hours of the morning for normal BACS  @pop@poppy123456 tha6s exactly point I've been trying to make with several different people. If they have to look on a system to see if you are eligible and it deems you are, then to send out a letter to tell you you will be paid in due course. Then why on earth could theu just not manually pay at the point of seeing if you are eligible. The organisation is just ridiculous and beyond pathetic. This is really what I don't understand. And also the fact they have not come out and said anything at all about oaying people is disgusting aswel. All they have to do is say look you will reciebe your money by 20th November and at least people will know. All the unknown is not good at all for people mental health and also there budgeting. It's been a disgrace the way all been treated after the payments of 30th September 
  • ron19581970
    ron19581970 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Options
    Same boat here. Filled the form out start of Oct, letter 13th Oct, now 1st Nov and still no payment. I agree the letters useless it only gets your hopes up. Its hard to figure out why they can't just pay it when they see your eligible for it. Its farcical now keeping people waiting and hanging on for something the dwp knows they are entitled to. Also beggars belief that there's no one you can talk to on the phone for an answer
  • haribella1216
    Options
    @ron19581970 this is exactly what my point has been all along, and what I have tried to get answers for. It is like we have just been tossed to the side 
  • ron19581970
    Options
    @ron19581970 this is exactly what my point has been all along, and what I have tried to get answers for. It is like we have just been tossed to the side 
    I agree. Can't understand why they can't pay it as soon as they see your eligible. I got the letter 13th of Oct so why the delay in payment, baffled by it all 
  • andysimpson2
    andysimpson2 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Options
    hi guys 

You don't need the letter because it will only tell you what you already know. Yes, some payments were made manually because when i received mine and my daughters both was received after 9am, rather than early hours of the morning for normal BACS payments.
    Poppy did your payment arrive on the same day as a normal pip payment?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    andysimpson2 said:  Poppy did your payment arrive on the same day as a normal pip payment?
    The CoL payment is made separately.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • ron19581970
    Options
    Any joy with a payment yet, 2nd Nov and still no payment here, bordering on the ridiculous now
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW Community member Posts: 355 Pioneering
    Options
    I don't think that it's easy as paying you immediately someone manually finds out that you are entitled to it.

Many many years ago I used to work for the Civil Service in the Accounts Dept for Ofsted.  One of my jobs was to manually approve payments to suppliers and contractors.  After I had approved the payments on a list the list was then sent to my line manager for a second approval.

Then the list was entered on to the BACs payment computer system.  This would be a list with thousands of manual payments on it.  The end total had to match the total on the Accounts system to make sure there were no errors.

Then the bank details had to be checked!  All new suppliers' bank details were checked individually and then a random check of a small percentage of the regular suppliers' bank details were checked.  The person who checked the bank details and payments was not any of the people who approved the payments.  This is to stop fraud.  If the duties are not split like this an Accounts person can substitute their bank details for the correct details.

Once all these checks are complete then the payment run can be approved for sending to the bank.  This was 20 years ago and I imagine things are slightly quicker now but there still has to be some manual checking to stop fraud.  The Department I worked for did 2 payment runs a week.

You cannot just have individual workers checking that someone is eligible and then manually processing the payment when there are many thousands of payments to be made.  There has to be a system and unfortunately this will be what is making the long delays.  

I agree that it is taking far too long but the DWP, like every other Government Dept seems to very short of workers and there are backlogs everywhere.  
  • haribella1216
    Options
    @ron19581970 not a thing . 2nd November a full month after the 6m were paid and still no answers nor updates or anything. 
  • ron19581970
    Options
    @ron19581970 not a thing . 2nd November a full month after the 6m were paid and still no answers nor updates or anything. 
    Ridiculous now isn't it, they should really have a phone number to ring or at least send you an update now and then. Still not a word on any of the main media outlets about it either, guess we've been forgotten about
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.