Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Fluctuating conditions

Options
bluefox
bluefox Community member Posts: 640 Pioneering
Is PIP still the over 50% rule. So six months of the year etc or 4 days a week out of 7

Is depression a fluctuating condition? Like you can have episodes and remission?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes I would say it definitely is. However PIP isn’t awarded based on any diagnosis.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes to all of that.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • bluefox
    Options
    Okay so for depression. You would need to be affected 4 days out of 7. Or for more than six months of the year?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    bluefox said:
    Okay so for depression. You would need to be affected 4 days out of 7. Or for more than six months of the year?
    As advised yes. It’s the same for all your conditions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • calcotti
    Options
    bluefox said:
    As per my previous reply - yes.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • bluefox
    Options
    So both apply

4/7 days
    or 2 months fine, 4 months not so fine, 2 months fine, then 4 months not fine
  • calcotti
    Options
    Stop confusing yourself, think of it as how you are on 183 days out of 365.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You are making this more difficult than it is. As we advised yes! As long as it’s more than 50% in total. 
  • bluefox
    Options
    Thank you, poppy. 

Sorry 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Don't worry @bluefox- it can be an anxious time! How are you feeling today? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.