Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip timescale was pretty quick

Options
carcari
carcari Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
I applied for pip on 29th June 22 received the form 14th July returned it 2 weeks later. Should of had video accessment 28th September but ended up been a phone call 45 mins. Accessor had to call back on the 6th October for more info. 26thoctiber DWP text to say report had been received. 31october got the 8 am text to say I'd been awarded.. to all those you are waiting I know it easier said then done. Do try and put it to the back of your minds. I know from experience the anxiety it's causes receiving the texts and letters from DWP on a regular basis it's not nice. You will get there in the end.
Thank you to everyone on this forum for the advice that you give you've been a great help 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That is quick based on recent experiences. 4 months is more in line with pre pandemic timescales. Obviously, in order that people need help when they need it, the process should be as short as possible. Would be good if they got back to quick decisions for everybody.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for the update, and for the motivational words @carcari :) I'm sure others will find reading your story helpful, especially as we mainly hear about negative experiences (understandably)! 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Queenv27
    Queenv27 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    Options
    carcari said:
    I applied for pip on 29th June 22 received the form 14th July returned it 2 weeks later. Should of had video accessment 28th September but ended up been a phone call 45 mins. Accessor had to call back on the 6th October for more info. 26thoctiber DWP text to say report had been received. 31october got the 8 am text to say I'd been awarded.. to all those you are waiting I know it easier said then done. Do try and put it to the back of your minds. I know from experience the anxiety it's causes receiving the texts and letters from DWP on a regular basis it's not nice. You will get there in the end.
    Thank you to everyone on this forum for the advice that you give you've been a great help 
    Congrats.
  • Queenv27
    Queenv27 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    Options
    Hi Calcotti,
    I agree with you, that was very quick
    i applied on the 28th of June and am still waiting for a decision from dwp.
    am happy the the wait is over for carcari.
  • Dua
    Dua Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    edited November 2022
    Options
  • Dua
    Dua Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    Congratulations 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.