Paid 4 Weekly - Am I Entitled To COL Payment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Paid 4 Weekly - Am I Entitled To COL Payment?

Options
gjs95
gjs95 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all, 

I understand for the 2nd cost of living payment, it says you must be found to be entitled to a payment of UC for an assessment period that ended 26th August - 25th September. 

I'm paid 4 weekly. 

My assessment period was August 15th - September 14th, in which I was awarded £117.00. I was paid my actual wages on September 22nd. 

My next assessment period was September 15th - October 15th, and I was awarded £0.00. My wages were paid to me on October 20th. 

Am I actually entitled to the COL payment or not?

I can't quite work it out and UC/DWP won't answer, they just refer me back to the generic website info. 

Technically I was entitled to a payment that ended in the assessment period of 26th August - 25th September, but I can't work out if the second award during that period which was nil, wipes out my previous entitlement. 

Hope that makes sense! 

Thanks in advance for any advice 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    The criteria is received a payment of UC for "an assessment period that ended between 26th Aug and 25th Sept."
    gjs95 said:

My assessment period was August 15th - September 14th, in which I was awarded £117.00. I was paid my actual wages on September 22nd.

This assessment period is the qualifying one so you will be entitled to the £324. Paid between 8th and 23rd November.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.