Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is jamesmadill! Just been told I've got LCWRA. How does it work?

Options
jamesmadill
jamesmadill Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
just been told ive gt lcwra. what is this. how does it work im on uc. all new to me.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,077 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It means that you will receive an extra £354 per month in your maximum UC entitlement, which is payable from the 4th assessment period after you reported your health condition, providing you sent a fit note without any gaps until the decision was made on your claim.
    The advice is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,508 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations on your award @jamesmadill :) That sounds like good news. 

It can all be a bit confusing, can't it? 

I hope that poppy123456's reply has helped to clear that up for you. Citizens Advice also have some information about LCWRA on their website, which you might find helpful:
    If the DWP don’t think you can get ready for work

They’ll say you have 'limited capability for work-related activity' (LCWRA).

You won’t have to work or do anything to get ready for work. You'll also get £354.28 extra each month.

You’ll usually start getting the extra money after 3 months. You’ll get it straight away if you were getting ESA when you applied for Universal Credit, or if your doctor says you have less than a year to live.

If you already have to do some work-related requirements, the DWP might decide you can stop them earlier than 3 months.

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.