Did you become / achieve what you hoped for as a teenager — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Did you become / achieve what you hoped for as a teenager

Golden12
Golden12 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
I wanted to  be a journalist  🤔 but this was only a hobby  on this..
I went in to retail instead  got a job  worked in a fast food restaurant.
I worked in varies shop settings through out my 
Qualification NVQ level 1-2 this was achieved.
Gap years 
I achieved varies Qualifications to reach my goals and further education and volunteer in youth work working with the public advice -Guidance housing etc This I gained experience in.
I went on to achieving other further qualification Gap years.
I became unwell lifestyle changes. no I wish I did not have a long term health condition, as  set me back a lot but still looking to work some sort in the near future.i’m grieving over the loss of my mum this has set me back not sure when I will be ready. 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there @Golden12 I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mum, that must be devastating :( 

I know that Cruse offer some excellent support for anyone who might be struggling with bereavement, so please have a look if you think it would help. 

I think it's okay to not know when you'll be ready, life isn't a race after all. I'm quite sure you're determined to continue studying one day, what did you enjoy most? 

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Golden12
    Golden12 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Hi I had to grow up at a young age so no I had other life experiences to deal with as a teenager 
  • Zimba
    Zimba Community member Posts: 1,873 Pioneering
    @Golden12

Hi, it sounds like you’ve achieved a lot already and I’m so sorry to hear about your loss, it’s never easy to lose a parent no matter what age you are. It sounds like you’ve been through a lot, I hope in time you will be able to move forward as you seem like a fighter.. 

I didn’t achieve what I wanted to when I was younger,  both my parents had terminal illnesses at the same time, but like you I did my best.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @golden12 Nice to see you back on the community :) How have you been keeping?

As a teenager I had started to align my studies with my career goals and wanted to work in the police. It is unfortunate that it didn't work out that way as I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and was really sick. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,592 Disability Gamechanger
    I always thought I achieved my potential until ill health stepped in.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.