Hi, my name is ladyluck! PIP experience

Options
ladyluck
ladyluck Community member Posts: 69 Contributor
edited November 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
To everyone struggling with the lengthy wait times, I know how you feel.
 For anyone with anxiety, I feel your pain.
I’m not going into my physical and mental problems  I have, but hope to help you. 
My journey began in May. After a  very long wait to see a GP I filled in my form. It took forever but my assessor seemed ok when he spoke to me.  Unfortunately, my answers were not translated into the decision makers’ notes, hence I was refused. 
After carefully dissecting the reasons for dismissal, I rang for a mandatory reconsideration. I was offered some time to get more information collated, but after a 21 week wait, I couldn’t cope any longer. I went through the points and corrected the info. I also demanded the assessment  report,  ( which still hasn’t materialised). I was also asked if I wanted to speak to the assessor again!!!! , I refused, why would I? They caused me massive distrust and weeks of anxiety. 
Three weeks on, I had another decision maker call me, first for an hour, then 20 minutes later asking more detailed stuff. And  then going through my answers again, and no, I hadn’t forgotten in 20 minutes. 
I then asked if I was mistaken in thinking the whole process was about how my disability made me feel and affected me, because a great deal of the decision  notes was about meds , doctors, hospital stays, diagnoses etc. 
I was told it’s all about how I cope and how I feel. Right, that’s what I thought. 
So then I went to town on them, basically asking why my problems daily were not included in the report and  exactly how It made me feel, totally ignored in the decision. 
Long  story short, still awaiting decision letter but……. Three days ago money arrived in my bank? Still can’t work out which combo of benefit I’ve got as I’ve no idea how long this has been paid for? How long the award is for and is this an instalment, or not? 
My advice to all- if you are sincerely ill and struggling , then persevere. Don’t give up. If, like me you’ve paid in all your life and hit  shockingly poor health, then  please get over the awful feeling of begging  because you are entitled.
hope this helps.

Comments

• girldream
    girldream Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    Wishing you all the best x
  • ladyluck
    Options
    Thanks@girldream
  • ladyluck
    Options
    Keep going. Keep the glass half full x
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Championing
    Options
    Hello there @ladyluck and thanks for sharing your experience of your PIP claim here on the community.

I've moved this over into our PIP category so it's easier for anyone in a similar situation to find it. I'm sure it'll be helpful for many readers!

Well done for getting through the process, it's certainly not easy. Hopefully your letter will arrive before long, with the details of your award, and a breakdown of your payment :)

If you do have any questions or need a hand with anything, please just ask. 

Alex
  • ladyluck
    Options
    Hi Alex and thanks for your support. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,980 Championing
    Options
    You are welcome @ladyluck. It is the very least you deserve.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
  • ladyluck
    Options
    Thanks so much. Being  disabled is hard enough, having support is wonderful. 
  • ladyluck
    Options
    Hi everyone and hope you’re all having a good bank hol. If you manage to get out,  I hope you have some fun. Not been good the last few weeks and having to have more tests but I’m a @GlassHalfFull ” kind of girl. I take great delight in my grandchildren who bring me joy. Hi to Tony and I hope you’re doing well 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,392 Online Community Programme Lead
    Options

Hi @ladyluck. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling great lately and that you're going through more tests. I hope you're enjoying your bank holiday and finding ways to have some fun, will you be seeing your grandchildren? 

• ladyluck
    Options
    Hi Adrian and thanks so much for your kind words. My grandchildren are coming today. So looking forward to it. We all need to care for one another. Having family around us is a great tonic. Have a lovely day everyone.