Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PA's takeover or not?
Could someone give me some advice, social services in their wisdom decided to hand me six PAs all because two of my ex-PAs told the social services eleven allegations against me which my family and PAs just laughed at because they were totally untrue, we all answered the allegations one by one in detail. A few weeks later we heard from the Director of Social Services saying that they had a meeting and decided to give my care package and my PAs to the Care Agency. I did complain thinking that I would get an unbiased opinion but guess what it was the Director of Social Services again, I did say that you cannot investigate yourself, but she wouldn't have it, and in the end, they force a Care Agency on us which did not need, I was running it for years with no problems. Another thing I have learnt about the agency is that are getting £8.00 more per hour than when I ran it, this doesn't really add up when keep telling us and everyone else that they haven't enough money to go around so why waste it on a Care Agency.
I also learnt last night that if move the agency or have it back, so I am in control which I want, I am unable to take my Pas with me because somehow, I have been told that they own all my Pas have been me for quite a few years and I don't want to lose, and they don't want to lose me. Is this legal and what can because I do, I am very worried.
Thank you for reading
- All Categories
- 12.9K Start here and say hello!
- 6.6K Coffee lounge
- 42 Games room
- 428 Cost of living
- 4.4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 208 Community updates
- 9.2K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.5K Work and employment
- 785 Education
- 1.6K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 612 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 370 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 758 Transport and travel
- 30.4K Talk about money
- 4.3K Benefits and financial support
- 5.1K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 857 Chronic pain and pain management
- 160 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.2K Mental health and wellbeing
- 322 Sensory impairments
- 819 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions