If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Woody1950! I experienced side effects after my jab

Options
Woody1950
Woody1950 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My AstraZeneca booster l received on Sunday November 7th 2022,l experienced headaches,feeling sick,gastro,dizziness,and had the shivers,found it hard to get warm.
couldn’t sleep.This all came about one and half days after my jab.

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,535 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Woody1950 welcome. Alot of people usually get these symptoms or a few of them after having a covid vaccine. Have the symptoms eased off now, or if not they do after a few days with alot of people. If they don't ease, maybe contact your gp.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My first 2 were AZ and the first one i did have a few symptoms but they only lasted about 24 hours.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,175 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi @Woody1950 Are you sure it was AZ as I was not aware they were using this vaccine for boosters?  I have had 2 x AZ 1x Pfizer and 1x Moderna. The Moderna one was the latest I had in October 2022 and I did have a few symptoms but only lasted a couple of days.

Thanks, I didn't realise that but i did wonder why i didn't have the AZ for the boosters. I had AZ for the first 2 and then Moderna and Pfizer for the 2nd booster yesterday. For others, you can see here that AZ is not used for boosters. https://inews.co.uk/news/health/why-astrazeneca-not-used-booster-jabs-covid-vaccine-pfizer-moderna-explained-1330966

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,504 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Welcome to the community @woody1950 :) As the others have said, it's perfectly normal to experience some unwanted side effects after having the vaccine. If they continue or worsen, and you're feeling worried, you should speak to your GP. 

How are you feeling now we're a few hours on from when you first posted?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.