LCWRA ,UNIERSAL CREDIT — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA ,UNIERSAL CREDIT

Options
Mark098
Mark098 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hello can any one help me to understand what i can expect from my claim please ,i have updated my first fit note on UN journal on 20.May 2022 and my last fit note i updated on my UN on 18.october because I received letter from  dwp stating this |Following your Work cabability assessment we decided that you have limited cabability for work |You may get extra payment changes your statement will show up when they happen|You do not need to send any more fit notes| i received the letter on my journal on from dwp on 20.october |I'm confused as i don't know any more what to do I been waiting for so long I left message for my work couch on UN and i asked if I get backdated any money and they replied : There is awaiting period once this has been applied then if there is any money due it will be backdated.Pleass can any tell me  how long I have to wait and when I get my first payment and backdated money?...Tplease than you for your help.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

If you have been awarded lcw there will not be any additional payment you only get additional money if awarded lcwra 

If you have lcwra you ars paid from 4th full assessment period after reporting your medical condition and providing fit notes 

So based in limited info you have given 1st payment would be around Oct depending in your assessment period and payment date 
  • Mark098
    Options
    HI THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY from my understanding I have been rewarded LCWRA on 20.october via my UN journal and i have been giving fit notes for 6 months from 30.may to 18.october i need to know if they gonna backdated the 6.months since i have given my first fit notes and how long I have to wait for payment because i had positive decision I have been rewarded LCWRA i got payed every 15 and 29 in month please can you please help me.thamk you it mean alot.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    The LCWRA element is payable for the fourth complete UC period after you reported your health condition. As already advised by Janer, it will likely be payable from October (depending on what monthly period your UC payments cover).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Mark098
    Options
    I'm very sorry but I don't understand what is the fourth uc period after i reported health conditio also like to payable from October so when I will get my first payment and how long I have to wait i have not understand both of your answer as it's unclear i just want to know I have been giving for 6 months so notes do they gonna backdated how long for the first payment please thank you.
  • calcotti
    edited November 2022
    Options
    As advised by both of us the additional money is probably due from October by which we clearly mean it isn’t due before that.

You should get extra money in your November payment. If you are owed arrears for October that will be paid separately.

What days of the month do your UC payments cover? Or tell us what date you are paid.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Mark098
    Options
    Hi thank you for the reply I get payed every month on 15 or 29 every month from universal credit 2 twice a month because  I spent money fast and then i got no food so i changed it get  payed twice a month and the pay is every month same 15 and 29 basically i get payed next week on Monday on 15 November and then on 29 November other half of money...i have given my first fit note on 30.may and my.kast sick note on 18 . October they said do not send us anymore fit notes,also on 5 October i had my esa assessment and week later I had message on my journal that i have been out on LCWRA and i might get textra payment thank you very much for help have good day .
  • Mark098
    Options
    It coming now to 7 month and basically 6 months i have been giving my signore but they said we don't need any more sick note do you think their will.pay me from the first month i have given my sick note thanks
  • Mark098
    Options
  • Mark098
    Options
    Or it was just wates of time and i will get backdated only October thanks.
  • Mark098
    Options
    I left message on my UN journal and i asked about some info and they replied:There is awaiting period once this has been applied the if there is any money due it will.be backdated I'm very sorry i sound very confuse I'm Simple person and it takes time for me to understand properly the sentences I'm trying my best thank you hope you have nice day 
  • calcotti
    Options
    Your assessment period appears to be 9th to 8th of the month.

You reported on 20th May which is in the May to June period. The fourth full period after this is September to October so you were entitled to the extra payments paid on 15th and 29th October as we thought likely.

Arrears due will be paid separately but make sure to check that your next statement includes the LCWRA element.

• Mark098
    Options
    Thank you for finnaly i understand I'm really sorry my ski checked my statement and it doesn't include the LCWRA element will wait for UN to let me know it i will leave another msg on my journal thanks.
  • calcotti
    Options
    Post on any messages on UC journal as payment queries.
  • Mark098
    Options
    Hi i have very z bad news i after all the waiting and giving sick notes for many months of i just had msg on In that there is not  extra payment awarded payment for this element if i want to make mandatory recognition but I'm fed up i 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,530 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PLease check the decision letter again, if it's just Limited Capability for work (LCW), there's no extra money. If you disagree with that decision then you can requset the MR within 1 month of the date of the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    Options
    Mark098 said:
    Hi i have very z bad news i after all the waiting and giving sick notes for many months of i just had msg on In that there is not  extra payment awarded payment for this element ..
    That suggests that you have been awarded LCW not LCWRA. In your earlier reply you said
    Mark098 said:
    ..from my understanding I have been rewarded LCWRA on 20.october via my UN journal ..
    You need to look again at the message carefully

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.