If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip face to face ,/ telephone assesment

Options
wish
wish Community member Posts: 38 Connected
Hi I recently filled in pip form for my brother he had let it run out as he had become a recluse and wasn't accepting any help well after couple years he is now accepting help so we are slowly getting there pip had run out by 6 months I filled forms in really thoroughly and also included a very detailed letter stating what his problems were and why the form wasn't renewed also would been easier as was a light touch review I filled these in on June 9th I am my brother's appointed person I got a phone call last week lady said I'm from pipp assesment can I ask you some questions re your brother I said yes sure she asked me 4 questions I answered after 8 minutes she said ok thankyou for that that's all I need that's his assesment done you will hear few weeks I was just little shocked on only 8 minutes to do the assesment normally there sometimes hour long I don't know if it's good thing or not 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes they do ring to just as a few questions to see if a paper based assessment can be completed. Once the report is returned to DCWP a decision can take 2-12 weeks.
    What i don't understand is this part.
    wish said:
    there pip had run out by 6 months I filled forms in really thoroughly and also included a very detailed letter stating what his problems were and why the form wasn't renewed also would been easier as was a light touch review
    No one has completed a light touch review yet because no one has reached that stage with their award. This rule didn't come out until quite a few years after PIP was introduced in April 2013. I'm sure you meant a review, (which is the same process as a new claim but just a shorter form), rather than a light touch one.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wish
    wish Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    R ok thankyou poppy for your reply I've misunderstood it then but thankyou for explaining hopefully get a decision soon 

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @wish. It is the very least you deserve.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.