Poem c festival — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Poem c festival

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,385 Disability Gamechanger
Poem c festival 
The c word festival is only a few months away. I know some people might miss their loved one’s who are no longer with us but they will always be in our hearts and minds and prayers and I feel they are always looking at what we are doing in our lives we need carry on with our lives and do things we enjoy and make us happy and bring us happiness and fulfilment to our lives. We may enjoy favourite food and drinks over Christmas and just being able to spend time with our loved ones who are still here I don’t care about the presents for me it’s just making memories with my family members because I don’t want ever have any regrets about not spending enough money with my loved ones because things can change in a blink of an eye and you be left crying for the rest of your life and I never want to have that feeling. It’s a time for us to reflect on how lucky we are and I think about those homeless people that I see in my local town centre not having a warm place to live and have any money or family to help them out it truly brings a tear to my eye especially over the festive season it truly feels like my heart as broken into pieces as I feel helpless that it can those homeless people at the are struggling in their lives but it is important to do something good over the festival period to could help someone else who is less fortunate than us. After we have enjoyed our Christmas lunch and drinks we might get out our favourite board games or watch a classic Christmas movies as so our elderly family members might drop off to sleep after eating Christmas dinner and dessert but remember to keep make memories we our loved ones over the Christmas holidays. The shop get people cueing for hours just to be able to our loved ones the gift they find value to them. Now days people order their gifts online instead of cueing in line but the time takes to get into the store.
Christmas is a fantastic time of the year. We sometimes spend more money than we have so please remember not spending money you don’t have because you could end up in financial difficulties which paying off your debt in years to come and will feel glum about it. I am starting a hear the same old Christmas song and music being played in our local town centre and local radio stations and on our television sets. Every day some people are marking off on their calendars about how days are left still the big day, just enjoy your time with our loved ones. It’s important we try to correct the situation we have made but the excitement for the grandkids makes Christmas Day more special for them. They will busy with writing their lists but it is truly wonderful to see their surprised faces and the tastes of their favourite chocolates and soft drinks and seeing their joyous shocked faces that they got what they asked for,

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your so right on this @Globster I love Christmas and I am truely blessed to have a large loveing family around me, but Christmas also makes me feel sad for the family members that are not here with us, i can be very weepy at Christmas, but making memories are what it's all about.
    I wish i had the money to help all the strangers i see, who look lonely and down trodden and i hope a simple smile, a hot drink and an hello of us helps them get thro their day. x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I really love your poem and this thread more generally. Thank you for initiating this thread and sharing your poem with us @Globster

If anyone else wishes to share their responses to this thread please don't hesitate. It is a really key thread and we are all here for each other and listening to each other   :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.