Hi, I'm kaminski2002! Do I have to see my work coach for an appointment when awaiting a WCA? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm kaminski2002! Do I have to see my work coach for an appointment when awaiting a WCA?

Options
kaminski2002
kaminski2002 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi everyone, just some advice. 

I’ve recently been providing fit more to my job centre and my current one is for two months. I’ve just found out an appointment has been book by my work coach to attend on the 22nd. My note says not fit for work and this is due to mental health problems. I understand until proven I’m not fit for work I still am a job seeker but surely I shouldn’t have to attend appointments if my fit note don’t expire till January and I’m in the process of filling out the WCA to be sent of??

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,701 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you correctly said yourself, you're classed as a job seeker until a decision is made on your work capability assessment. A fit note doesn't automatically exclude you from attending appointments.
    It's a work coaches discretion to turn off or reduce work commiments, some do and others don't.
    Have you explained your health condition to your work coach and asked if the appointment can be changed to a telephone one? If you haven't then i'd advise you to do that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @kaminski2002 and a warm welcome to our online community, how are you today?

I can understand how receiving this appointment notification could have caused some anxiety. Are you okay now and do you feel you're receiving enough support with your mental health? I hope so, but let us know either way.

Please do follow Poppy's advice around contacting your work coach to explain your personal circumstances and ask about your options. 

Just to let you know, I've moved your thread to our Universal Credit category and tweaked the title to help other members spot it and reply. Wishing you all the best with the WCA process and if you need us we're here. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.