Hi, my name is Reeser! I am a fellow sufferer of Diverticulitis. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Reeser! I am a fellow sufferer of Diverticulitis.

Options
Reeser
Reeser Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi here I am a fellow sufferer of Diverticulitis. Presently going through a nasty episode. Had two lots of antibiotics which have helped but instill feel lousy. Anyone else feel really ill when they have a bout?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Reeser

I hope you do not mind; I've moved your post into our Rare, Invisible and Undiagnosed section of the forum. Like Teddybear12, I have Ulcerative Colitis. I know that lousy feeling well. Sometimes the side effects of the medications taken to help can make you feel tired. 

Are you still taking the antibiotics now?

Hope you are resting up! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Nessie22
    Nessie22 Scope Member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi @Reeser
    I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in 1990, then diagnosed with IBD about 10yrs ago and had a diagnosis of diverticulitis 3yrs ago. 
    The flare ups are hideous aren't they? Totally wipe out your energy levels and put pain levels through the roof. 
    I hope you have support from family/friends to help you through and to enable you to rest. I must admit I am a huge advocate of afternoon 'granny naps'.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @Reeser. Welcome to Scope’s forum.

Thanks for already finding the courage to reach out. I appreciate it can take a lot of courage to reach out, especially when you are new and having a difficult time.

I hope you are feeling better soon with the antibiotics to help clear the nasty episode. Is there anything, in particular, that usually helps you when you are feeling lousy?

Please don’t hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options

It sounds really difficult that you have had similar experiences @Nessie22. How are you feeling at the moment?

I can really hear how horrible the flare-ups are with regard to your energy and pain. Is there anything, in particular, that usually helps you when you have a flare-up?

I would be interested in hearing your response, especially as it might support @Reeser and anyone experiencing something similar.

Even when I am not having any flare-ups, I am a huge advocate of afternoon ‘granny naps’ so that was a great suggestion. Also, family and friends are the best  o:)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.