Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip report (shocked success for fibro!)

Options
Welliboots93
Welliboots93 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
Hi everyone!

I had my pip assessment last week and I've got my assessors report come through and it looks like Its recommended enhanced rate for daily living and standard mobility!! I can't believe it!

For background, I'm 29, work full time hours a week where I have to travel around to different places, have a dog, travel on public transport and I'm quite a bubbly person

I have several conditions including anxiety, ocd and hypermobility, but it appears I have been awarded based on my fibromyalgia, hearing loss and dyslexia!

I can't believe how accurate my report is, like there is no exaggeration or lies and none of my words or conditions have been twisted

During the assessment, I communicated, was dressed well and answered all questions as i would do with any other health professional! (they do comment on your appearance) she was really nice.

I do have chronic fatigue but I didn't yawn or appear fatigued in the assessment which she commented on in the report and I felt that was a fair representation even tho I was shattered haha 

Despite my anxieties I scored zero on engaging with people because I communicated with the assessor and In my job I have to communicate with a variety of people. Again, a fair judgement. 

The reason why I seem to have got enhanced is because she's recommended 2 points for having hearing aids, 
And 2 points for reading as I am dyslexic

I wasn't expected to score anything for toileting as I am not incontinent, but she's recommended 2 points because I use my windowsill to help me get off the toilet and I use disabled toilets at work because there's more space to wipe, that was the biggest shock on my report!

The only things I scored zero on was engaging with others, taking nutrition, planning a journey and managing budgets. But I was honest in the assessment and that I don't really have an issue with these. I am recieveing mental health support and on meds for mental health but I manage my condition quite well

I hope DWP keep my score as it is, but I am just more shocked that after hearing so many horror stories I had a decent assessor

I really hope others have a positive experience xx

Comments

• Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 438 Pioneering
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @Welliboots93 this gives me hope as I have submitted my award review with the only change being since my last award  is that I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. 

Congratulations on your award 👏 👏 

So chuffed for you once again huge congratulations.

Thank you for sharing it's  much appreciated.
    Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.