Hi, my name is Stray37! I have applied for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Stray37! I have applied for PIP

Options
Stray37
Stray37 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
edited November 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I have applied for PIP. I had my telephone assessment on 8th  November. Applied after family persuaded me with suffering from spinal osteoarthritis, gout, ONE and many other ailments they mentioned. Lady was lovely and patient as I was having a massive flare up on the day.
Anyway was wondering what happens next and timescale.
Thank

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,118 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Stray37 - & welcome to the community. Following an assessment for PIP you will now have to wait to get a decision letter showing the outcome. It can take anywhere between 2 & 12 weeks until you can expect this letter (& perhaps longer considering Christmas holidays).
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Stray37

Welcome to the community :) I have moved your post into our PIP, DLA and AA section of the forum, in case anyone can give you anymore advice or in case you have any more questions.

I'm so happy to hear the lady in your assessment was lovely and patient. Like Chiarieds mentioned, it takes around 2-12 weeks. I'll keep everything crossed it's sooner rather than later 🤞

How are you feeling today? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Stray37
    Options
    Hi Hannah, just got over a 12day flare up. Bent over to work at my desk (pt teacher) spine and hips froze. Couldnt walk, didn't want to straighten up. Was sent home. Now got a formal meeting about absent. Talk about stress. Not just received a text stating no decision has been made yet. Had telephone assessment 2 weeks ago.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope the meeting goes okay @Stray37! Have they indicated what kinds of things will be discussed? 

The text you've received about them not having made a decision yet is quite standard, so I wouldn't say it's anything to worry about :) It can take a little while for them to make the decision.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Stray37
    Options
    Meeting gonna discuss: am I going to be off again????

Thanks for the response.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.