If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is Chloebick90! Should I be worried that they haven't got a copy of my assessment yet?

Options
Chloebick90
Chloebick90 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited November 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone 
I had my telephone assessment on Friday 11 the woman said she was sending it that day I phoned today wensday to see if I could get a copy sent out and they Havnt got anything should I be worried 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,167 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The report isn’t always returned the same day. Sometimes it is chosen for audit, if this happens the assessor has no idea because they are chosen at random. It’s nothing for you to worry about if it’s in audit it just means they are checking the assessor did their job correctly.
    Once the report is returned a decision can take 2-12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Chloebick90 :) Could I just check which benefit this is regarding?

As poppy123456 has explained, it's nothing to worry about at this stage. 

How did you find your assessment?

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• ekkwhine
    ekkwhine Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi @Chloebick90 my husband had his assessment on 8/11 with capita and received a text from the DWP saying that they’ve received his assessment on 18/11 so I wouldn’t worry just yet.

Take care 
  • Chloebick90
    Options
    Thank you I put in a change of circumstances on the 13 may 2022 had my assessment on the 11.11.2022 they text me on the 22 .112022 to say they received it my assessment was nearly 2 hours long and I felt like the lady really did listen to me and let me go over everything as much as I needed my first assessment I had a man was 5 mins long and had to put I. A appeal hence my anxieties about this one 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This sounds like a really positive assessment. Thanks for sharing your experience with us @Chloebick90.

How are you feeling about everything at the moment? Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Chloebick90
    Options
    I had my assessment through but some of the things on there I can’t cook with out someone in my home with me as I forget and we’ll we just don’t trust me with the cooker unless there another adult in the house and they said that I can cook a meal on my own if that makes since since I got my report back I’m panicking more now xxx
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Chloebick90 and thanks for letting us know you've had your assessment report sent through :) Sometimes reading the report might make you feel more anxious, but it is only a recommendation for the decision maker. 

The decision maker will be looking at your application as a whole, which includes your form and any additional evidence you've sent in. Does that make sense? 

If you can try and put it to the back of your mind and focus on doing something which helps you relax, or which you enjoy. Whatever the outcome of your application, the community will be here to support you.

Let us know if we can help with anything else in the meantime.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.