If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Good luck poem for the England men’s team

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,555 Disability Gamechanger
edited November 2022 in Coffee lounge
Good luck poem for the England men’s team 
The England men’s football team will attempt to emulate the woman football team achievement. When the men team begin their world football campaign against Iran Saturday.
The nation is behind the team let’s see how far the team can go in the world tournament. Good luck to garth Southgate and the squad
Time for our top English premiership players to shine on the world stage, which our nation has been waiting for an age to see the England men’s football team win the World Cup again and forget the pain of the not quite reaching glory in the euros championship. I hopefully Harry Kane can find his shooting boots and the other players can chip in with the goals that will hopefully see the team go all the way to reaching wonderful heights in the World Cup and the players who have their sights set on winning the World Cup but there are going to be some big hurdles before they can even start thinking about that. We cheer the team on and hopefully their preparation pays off.

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this @globster :) Will you be watching the World Cup?

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,555 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not intensively going to watching the whole tournament @Tori_Scope
    Will watching the World Cup@ Tori_Scope?

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    I'm not sure if I will, due to the wider issues around it @globster. I'm sure I'll see bits and pieces here and there, though!

• Globster
    Options
    @Tori_Scope After all things reading and hear not watch it after the issues surrounding tournament  to do not sit well me and I have a decision that will not be actively watching or listening reading about tournament I had bad taste mouth about whole situation @Tori_Scope :)

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    Yes, there's lots to consider @Globster, and I know people have different views on it! 

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Lovely poem! Thanks for sharing your poem with us @Globster

Like @Tori_Scope said, I know people have different views on it. Still, we can cheer on England if we wish to  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.